Lt. Commander
# 91
02-05-2010, 07:58 AM
*rolls eyes*

Yes. We exist, probably in larger numbers than anyone believes possible. Why does it matter?
Lt. Commander
# 92
02-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTechJ View Post
Sure, if some Ferengi hasn't already swooped in and nabbed em.
Glee!

*runs off with the energy credits*
Lt. Commander
# 93
02-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrizz View Post
Yah, tea please.

( I'll feel much better about the human race if guys step forward and agree with your explanation :p )
It requires a certain level of comfort with one's own sexuality and also with other people's. I am willing to admit that on occasion I have found traits in other men that I found attractive. Not on a physical level, but an intellectual one, which is what the internet is about. I can understand people finding this troubling. I do not, I am happily married to a wonderful woman who I happened to meet whilst playing WoW.

Certainly I think that if more men were willing to see things in these terms there may be less hostility on the net.

Anyway, Earl Grey with a dash of lemon?
Lt. Commander
# 94
02-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfish View Post
It requires a certain level of comfort with one's own sexuality and also with other people's. I am willing to admit that on occasion I have found traits in other men that I found attractive. Not on a physical level, but an intellectual one, which is what the internet is about. I can understand people finding this troubling. I do not, I am happily married to a wonderful woman who I happened to meet whilst playing WoW.

Certainly I think that if more men were willing to see things in these terms there may be less hostility on the net.

Less hostility in general, me thinks.
Lt. Commander
# 95
02-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:

Please.

And I commend you on your honesty
Lt. Commander
# 96
02-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Rabidfish, interesting opinion you got there.

There are also those who don't care what gender they play with. In WOW I had around 30% female guild members. We all lived in harmony and spent most of our gaming time on TS/skype sharing lulz. Having a RL female or male healer for me (as a tank) never changed anything. The jokes could be as clever or as dirty. Some of the male voices were higher than the female ones. Thing is, once a member joined our guild, he was a member. Not a she or he member with different status. I kicked people who didn't accept that. No girl could expect gifts because she was a girl, no guy was allowed to stalk or go weird on the female members. We lived in peace and had our fun.

Why that choice some might wonder? I've been playing MMORPGs for around 7 years now. Gaming generally for 11. I've met every archetype of gamers. I've seen many groups dissolve because of gender related drama. I've seen guys fall in love online, spend 2 years with an online girlfriend they'd never even talked with outside the game, be CRUSHED when eventually learning that their girlfriend was a 30 years old male shelf stocker from the leeds tesco. I've seen girls leave games after being stalked by guys gone overboard. I don't want that, I don't even want to witness it from outside.

About me: Married 15 years, 2 kids, 2 cats, a suburban house from which I work as a web developer. I'm happy with my life. I play games for entertainment instead of drinking beer and watching soccer on TV. I don't want some sex starved 15 years old breathing heavily on skype asking a member of my group "are you a girl IRL? do you has big boobs?". That ruins my game.
Lt. Commander
# 97
02-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
I'm good, I have a coffee.
Love has no color or gender! Love is universal! AS long as one is happy with another happy human being... As long as they're both of legal age etc.
Lt. Commander
# 98
02-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:

But the phenomenon is not homophobic. It's nice that you aren't but "no women on teh webz" has a different origin. In fact, it's rooted in the same two factors that cause women on the internet to become jaded about "no grlz on teh webz."

I leave it as an exercise for reader figure out what those things are
Lt. Commander
# 99
02-05-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm glad to see a lot more constructive conversation than when this thread started out
Lt. Commander
# 100
02-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrizz View Post
I'm glad to see a lot more constructive conversation than when this thread started out
NO U!

Yeah. Was on something rather annoying this morning so I couldn't really spare the cycles to come up with more than what I gave.