Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 211
02-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverisms View Post
There a was a nice bit where things were quite philosophic. It was made of WIN. I'm sorry you missed it, as it was definitely somewhere in the last 21 pages.
Oh, I got the philosophical stuff, too. But there were still people who were a little sensitive, and I was like,
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 212
02-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarzGurl View Post
Oh, I got the philosophical stuff, too. But there were still people who were a little sensitive, and I was like,
Ah. This is the internet. Unless I've had a bad bad day, "a little sensitive" flies under my radar. I just assume the most charitable interpretation and move on. No sense getting upset, especially when I'm extremely likely to comment in the absurd.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 213
02-08-2010, 09:46 AM
The internet is like walking into a room, seeing everyone laughing and wondering what everyone is laughing about, except the internet then gives everyone the ability to "go back in time" and get in on the joke.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Discuss.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 214
02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
yup yup, just look at our chests. If our avatars are not stacked like a cheap porn star chances are pretty good it doesn't belong to a shim.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 215
02-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Can relate to that. :p
If he actually dared to cut into Chats playtime he will regret it.


Chat enjoys beating her boyfriend in various fighter games.
Yes... For once a woman is beating her man.
Advocate for a rewriting of the rule of thumb? "A woman may beat her man so long as the stick is no thicker than the width of his tumb." where do I sign up?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 216
02-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
yup yup, just look at our chests. If our avatars are not stacked like a cheap porn star chances are pretty good it doesn't belong to a shim.
Yeah I do puzzle over some players' obsession with making ALL of their chars and Boffs have ENORMOUS breasts. I mean, a man's hands are only so big. WTH you gonna do with all that anyway?!? My personal weakness is the hip slider.....

Sorry.... I know I bin bad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 217
02-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfish View Post
Hmm. Silly post to bein with. I mean, who claims to be taking a "survey" of female gamers on an internet forum anyway? If anyone fell for that, SHAME on you.

But truthfully I can explain the "women are always men on the tintarwebs" posts.

Its simple really; those who post such things have a deep-seated desire to meet the "perfect girl" which in many of our cases is someone who is into gaming and sci-fi and fantasy or whatever. But the catch is that you can nver be sure until you meet them whether or not they are truly female. Which creates something of conflict within the man. "I'm really attracted to this person but they might be a man!" As most hetero men have a strong aversion to anything homosexual in nature they are left feeling deeply troubled and instead of risking the acknowledgement that they can become emotionally interested in another man, they prefer to insist that "There are no women on the internet" and therfore that the person MUST be a man, and just to make absolutely certain that there is no question over their sexuality, they actively attack any insinuation that a person on the internet can be female. Essentially its an extremely agressive self defense mechanism against the perceived danger that homosexuality represents.

Anyway, now that's out of the way, tea anyone?
QFT

well that was a entertaining read, was hopeing the op would continue to post to contain the fun but oh well, Iím taking a survey, worst pickup line ever

Butters' tip o life of the day

in the ambiguity data stream that is the interwebz it matters little if someone is a man or a woman in reality, gender here is a mindset not a absolute so best to just humor anyone who claims his/her gender and leave it at that.

Note dating sites are exceptional but most intelligent people stay away form that minefield
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 218
02-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
Note dating sites are exceptional but most intelligent people stay away form that minefield
I wanted to join a dating site, but holy moly are they expensive.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 219
02-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Yea, I play the ladies.

What...what's that? Not that kind of Female Gamer? Guess I misread the question.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 220
02-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
QFT

well that was a entertaining read, was hopeing the op would continue to post to contain the fun but oh well, Iím taking a survey, worst pickup line ever

Butters' tip o life of the day

in the ambiguity data stream that is the interwebz it matters little if someone is a man or a woman in reality, gender here is a mindset not a absolute so best to just humor anyone who claims his/her gender and leave it at that.

Note dating sites are exceptional but most intelligent people stay away form that minefield
Very true. Then again who logs into a game to find that special someone? I am happily married (why i level soooo slowly) and we met at work. Now that is more stressful and dangerous than dating through any form of cyber environment
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:53 AM.