Lt. Commander
# 331 Oh Brother.
02-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durgat
It's because most women are immature and don't know what they want.
Which is you of course. Lucky for the rest of us, most women don't know that. >_>
Lt. Commander
# 332
02-10-2010, 08:24 AM
When I left it yesterday this was such a nice thread...

Come on, Mr. Sock, we're leaving.
Lt. Commander
# 333
02-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Diodes
I'm not sure where to begin. Everybody treats men & women differently. Are you asking me to explain the differences in how YOU treat people?
As a lady, I'm all for being treated differently if it means I'm getting something out of it... Like drinks at Ten Forward, a new Warp Modulator, that really awesome pink hull on the top of my ship.

Oh, whoops. I think I just made Gloria Steinem cry. And set the Girl Power movement so eloquently put in place by the Spice Girls back about 45 years.

:-)
Lt. Commander
# 334
02-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Holly
As a lady, I'm all for being treated differently if it means I'm getting something out of it... Like drinks at Ten Forward, a new Warp Modulator, that really awesome pink hull on the top of my ship.

Oh, whoops. I think I just made Gloria Steinem cry. And set the Girl Power movement so eloquently put in place by the Spice Girls back about 45 years.

haha, to be honest,I agree. Maybe not to that extent, but every girl likes it when men are gentlemen,no? The diamond encrusted phasers are just an unforseen perk
Lt. Commander
# 335
02-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattikat View Post
haha, to be honest,I agree. Maybe not to that extent, but every girl likes it when men are gentlemen,no? The diamond encrusted phasers are just an unforseen perk
You know, I think it just really boils down to treating people nice. You know, being that one person that opens the door for people, or let's someone turn first at a 4 way stop when it's your turn, or the person who has a full cart at the checkout and waves someone that's carrying 2 things ahead of them.

Rule #1: Don't Be A Jerk
Rule #2: If you are a Jerk, at least buy me a diamond-encrusted phaser in preparation for your jerk-i-ness.

Lt. Commander
# 336
02-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
You know, I think it just really boils down to treating people nice. You know, being that one person that opens the door for people, or let's someone turn first at a 4 way stop when it's your turn, or the person who has a full cart at the checkout and waves someone that's carrying 2 things ahead of them.

Rule #2: If you are a Jerk, at least buy me a diamond-encrusted phaser in preparation for your jerk-i-ness.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 337
02-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:

yep,it works both ways- unfortunately,in this day and age, that kind of stuff is often shirked. I remember back when I was in college, there was a lecturer, who, without fail,would hold the door open for pretty much anyone and was the nicest guy I think I've ever met (apart from my current partner,sorry honey!) and yet had people spit and laugh at him behind his back...because he was being nice.

I really don't understand some people,but I guess thats just how some people are. You just have to move on and go where no woman has gone before right,i'll stop with the star trek related references now,lol
Lt. Commander
# 338
02-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purvurs
[edit]
Um, that would be girl-bewbs on my part.
Thanks for playing! :-)
Lt. Commander
# 339
02-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purvurs
yew guys got some manbewbs!
Yep,I do...But they're attatched to my boyfriend.
Lt. Commander
# 340
02-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck
I found this thread far more interesting than I expected it to be when I clicked on an 11-pager titled along the lines of "Are there any giiiiiirls there?" I really didn't hope to find anything intelligent within. So... Bravo, Internet. Bravo.
I rescind my earlier bravos. This thread has turned into what I originally expected.