Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 42
# 1 Keel'el
02-26-2014, 11:53 PM
about: Keel'el a Duty Officer (Warp Core Engineer) with 40% Chance of removing ALL debuffs, on use of any EPTX.


Problem: Its ruining countless (Team)Builds and furthermore, the 40% chance is more like 99% chance.


Suggestion for fix:
Keel'el a Duty Officer (Warp Core Engineer) with 40% Chance of removing ONE debuff, on use of any EPTX.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,158
# 2
02-27-2014, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1cer0 View Post
Suggestion for fix:
Keel'el a Duty Officer (Warp Core Engineer) with 40% Chance of removing ONE debuff, on use of any EPTX.
A doff with a measly 40% chance of removing a single leech stack is a waste of space, much like how the SNB doff quickly became worthless when it was changed to "chance to remove one elite shield stack".
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,460
# 3
02-27-2014, 01:43 AM
Perhaps an in-between would be the chance to clear the debuffs of a specific type, e.g. TT-debuffs, ST-debuffs, ET-debuffs and Hazards.

Or you could even tie the type of debuff cleared to the EPtX being used! Think

EPtW - 40% chance to clear TT debuffs
EPtS - 40% chance to clear ST debuffs
EPtE - 40% chance to clear ET debuffs
EPtA - 40% chance to clear Hazard debuffs.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 119
# 4
02-27-2014, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1cer0 View Post
about: Keel'el a Duty Officer (Warp Core Engineer) with 40% Chance of removing ALL debuffs, on use of any EPTX.


Problem: Its ruining countless (Team)Builds and furthermore, the 40% chance is more like 99% chance.


Suggestion for fix:
Keel'el a Duty Officer (Warp Core Engineer) with 40% Chance of removing ONE debuff, on use of any EPTX.
It's nearly a 100% chance because of how EPtX abilities work.

When you hit and EPtX ability, it sends the power in 4 pulses over 2s. So Keel'el has a 40% chance every .5s for 2s to proc.

Last edited by spencerb96; 02-27-2014 at 04:10 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 759
# 5
02-27-2014, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerb96 View Post
When you hit and EPtX ability, it sends the power in 4 pulses over 2s. So Keel'el has a 40% chance every .5s for 2s to proc.
I don't think that this is true. If it were, shouldn't it also apply to Damage Control Doffs (EPtX cooldown reduction)?
http://hilbertguide.com
Specialist
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 814
# 6
02-27-2014, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1cer0 View Post
about: Keel'el a Duty Officer (Warp Core Engineer) with 40% Chance of removing ALL debuffs, on use of any EPTX.


Problem: Its ruining countless (Team)Builds and furthermore, the 40% chance is more like 99% chance.


Suggestion for fix:
Keel'el a Duty Officer (Warp Core Engineer) with 40% Chance of removing ONE debuff, on use of any EPTX.

pop a tyken rift and you clear it once ,twice....400 times and it still acts like a debuff.
tif?
ewp,theta and tetryon?
plasma insane bleedtrhough.

i can add more if you like.


if you want a fix increase the 40% to 100% and make it last 10 seconds.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 119
# 7
02-27-2014, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
I don't think that this is true. If it were, shouldn't it also apply to Damage Control Doffs (EPtX cooldown reduction)?
No clue why it doesn't affect those, heard it was working like this a while back, then found the infodump from Borticus on em.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=690821

Warp Core Engineer
Chance for Emergency Power to X to cleanse all negative effects (Debuffs, Controls and DOTs)
o Provides periodic cleansing every 0.5sec for 2sec duration when triggered.
o Chance to activate scales as follows: 20% / 30% / 40%
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 238
# 8
02-27-2014, 05:16 AM
This doff actually makes PvP playable. Without it you turn cheese up to 11. No nerf please.
Specialist
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 814
# 9
02-27-2014, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
A doff with a measly 40% chance of removing a single leech stack is a waste of space, much like how the SNB doff quickly became worthless when it was changed to "chance to remove one elite shield stack".
I think you know that subnuc doff removes more than 3 buffs now .Just que up for arena and watch how it works and how many people use it.

there is no reason to report it as broken again...waste of time.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 10
02-27-2014, 07:06 AM
If you are a PUG player this DOFF was likely designed with you in mind.

It's very powerful but we are at a point in the game where control effects, especially AoEs, and other debuffs are in overdrive.

This could be nerfed, but it should come with a large handful of currently used debuff powers & debuff stacking to also be nerfed, and more people would need to be team players instead of wannabe kirks.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 PM.