Lt. Commander
Ok, I won't divulge the mission itself here but I feel I need to warn. This is one of the later Commander level missions, that sends you to NGC 1218. If you don't want to know anything about it, and possibly get stuck, do not read any further.

When you enter this mission you are asked to scan some debris, easy enough. Upon scanning the last piece of debris a wormhole with strong gravitational force opens up and will suck you in by force. Make sure you stay well away from the debris when that happens or else you can get stuck in the debris and not be able to move. Since you will be in continuous combat mode you can't warp out either, and logging off doesn't help, neither does dropping the mission and logging off.

If you do get stuck, here is how to get unstuck without GM help. Ask anyone, no matter what level, to join you as a team. Let that person go to your mission and get sucked in to the wormhole. When that happens you get a pop-up that asks you if you want to follow to the next level. I suggest you answer yes

Hope this information helps someone, I was stuck for 1.5 hours before I got loose this way. And no response from the GMs during that time on a stuck-request. This mission should perhaps be designed in a slightly different manner though, because there is a lot of big debris to get stuck on in there as the first time you go there you really don't know what will happen.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 03:33 AM
Agreed, that part going into the wormhole is a pain. I didn't have that problem when I was in Beta, but recently got stuck when doing the mission again. Fortunately, I didn't have to go through what you suggested above (but its definitely a good option). I was able to use Evasive Maneuvers and Ramming Speed to fly away from the debris enough that I was able to clear it and go into the wormhole.

Devs need to look into this one though, as we shouldn't have to be coming up with work arounds for things like this though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 03:34 AM
I tried all the things you tried, but I was just in the dead center of the last big debrisfield and no matter what I could not move Wish the dev's would find a solution to it without breaking the feeling of the mission. Because if it happens the way it is supposed to happen it is really a cool thing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 04:39 AM
Perhaps all the debris should get sucked in as well. That would make sense if your ship is being pulled in, then why isn't the debris also? Seems like that would be a reasonable (and logical) fix.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 04:49 AM
Another solution, though not the preferable one, is to log out, wait 18 minutes (I don't know how someone discovered this to be the magic number in beta, I don't want to know) for the mission to reset, and log back in again. You should find yourself in sector space again
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelerian
Another solution, though not the preferable one, is to log out, wait 18 minutes (I don't know how someone discovered this to be the magic number in beta, I don't want to know) for the mission to reset, and log back in again. You should find yourself in sector space again
Thanks for that update, it's good to know in a crunch!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Maybe Cryptic should add an /unstick command? I remember SWG had this (it NEEDED it with the amount of times you'd get spawned somewhere bugged, or fall to the empty chasm on Kashyyyk -_-) and it was actually really helpful. All it would do is move you a little bit over and usually that would help...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 05:58 AM
I might be wrong, but I think there is concerned that it may be misused in pvp situations to deny kills? There is a /stuck and /unstuck command, but they are not working.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Well I'm stuck in this now. I guess when they say trapped they mean trapped. I guess I will log out and wait the 18 mintues.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 12:12 AM
was wondering about the chance that it could happen, when got stuck there about a week ago. Filed a ticket about it, but it is "closed"/"processed" now.
Closed Thread