Lt. Commander
15 minute AFK timer - Club 47 Socialization

With a 15 minute AFK timer, I don't see how people will be chilling out in Club 47 while surfing the web, etc. Cryptic needs to drop the 15 minute AFK timer or at least make it a couple hours.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limulus

With a 15 minute AFK timer, I don't see how people will be chilling out in Club 47 while surfing the web, etc. Cryptic needs to drop the 15 minute AFK timer or at least make it a couple hours.
I'd disagree. Nothing more annoying in some other games then certain area's of piles of AFK players that you have to navigate through. Plus, they're having some hardware capacity issues, so I don't seen the afk timer being removed until the new hardware is installed and running well. Although that is supposed to happen this weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 04:43 AM
If you can be afk for too long, you can get full XP from some instances without even playing it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 04:45 AM
perhaps they can remove the timer in just certain social areas.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 04:45 AM
They should keep the timer. If you are off surfing the web, then you aren't playing the game. There are simply far too many people who want to actively play the game that allowing a player to be logged in without playing is unfair.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 04:51 AM
Tangent; I'm sure you have all noticed the officer standing/crouching on the table as you pass through Club 47 (appalling and unbecoming of an officer, I might add as he's obviously consuming Romulan Ale). My past few trips through the club I've noticed the same officer has been a different sex, unless NPCs are shuffling. Are NPC's rendered at random on the client side? Random quips from them appear to be, as I doubt other players are subject to "There goes @aggressor27, Sulu says he's the best o' the best" every time I strut by with my level 5 bad#@& self.

On track; to piggyback off of what was already stated about AFK, as long as they keep one server there needs to be a timer. When this game's popularity starts to pick up we're back to looking at queues again, despite their server cap. And yes, XP leeches are an annoyance in instances, although it's worth it when a random swarm spawns directly over them and coincidentally they're back at the helm before they become a flaming wreck.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:

One word, NO!! The 15 minute timer is fine.

You are not leaving your toon logged on, while you do a little surfing, because you are too lazy to log out, and eating up my bandwidth doing nothing. Sorry, but the answer is still NO!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepygamer
They should keep the timer. If you are off surfing the web, then you aren't playing the game. There are simply far too many people who want to actively play the game that allowing a player to be logged in without playing is unfair.
I have a lifetime sub. If I want to sit in space or the club doing nothing, that is my choice. Heck, I may want to dance AFK. The ability to waste time is pretty much a right in an MMO.

In fact, I do sit in space listening to my audio books in the background. It's like a RP thing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 05:08 AM
Quote:
I have a lifetime sub. If I want to sit in space or the club doing nothing, that is my choice. Heck, I may want to dance AFK. The ability to waste time is pretty much a right in an MMO.

In fact, I do sit in space listening to my audio books in the background. It's like a RP thing.
This is like seeing someone at a theme park who bought a annual pass argue they deserve to stay on the rides as long as they want.

Annual Pass Holder: "I bought this annual pass, so I'm going to stay on this ride over and over."
Theme Park: "Sir, you can't do that. There are other people who want to ride this ride."
Annual Pass Holder: "But I paid more, so I deserve to stay here."
Theme Park: "No sir, you don't. You paid for entry into the park in advance and at a discount. That's it."
Annual Pass Holder: "No I paid to own this seat on this ride, and I deserve it for the $100 I paid!"
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 05:11 AM
So basically your making the argument that we are supposed to hurry up and an play and get out. Ridiculous

Better yet, let's limit everyone's game time to only 2-3 hours per day. /sarcasm and even more ridiculous