Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-05-2010, 04:13 AM
15 minutes is too damn short. Just one of the long list of annoying things in the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-05-2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limulus
I have a lifetime sub. If I want to sit in space or the club doing nothing, that is my choice. Heck, I may want to dance AFK. The ability to waste time is pretty much a right in an MMO.

In fact, I do sit in space listening to my audio books in the background. It's like a RP thing.
Im so sick of people with lifetime subs thinking they are superior!

You bought the lifetime sub for the advantage of not paying after 17months in game. NOTHING MORE!

The Borg pre-order bonus was a sweetner to get you on board earlier that is all you are the exact same as any other player. By your logic in 17 months time the devs shouldn't even care about you anymore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belion
Im so sick of people with lifetime subs thinking they are superior!

You bought the lifetime sub for the advantage of not paying after 17months in game. NOTHING MORE!

The Borg pre-order bonus was a sweetner to get you on board earlier that is all you are the exact same as any other player. By your logic in 17 months time the devs shouldn't even care about you anymore.
What??!? We're not superior?!?

I think you're wrong. #sarcasm
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limulus
So basically your making the argument that we are supposed to hurry up and an play and get out. Ridiculous
No I am saying that you are supposed to actively play the game or log out and let others play. And yes you character staying logged in is taking up resources that another player would use.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belion
Im so sick of people with lifetime subs thinking they are superior!

You bought the lifetime sub for the advantage of not paying after 17months in game. NOTHING MORE!

The Borg pre-order bonus was a sweetner to get you on board earlier that is all you are the exact same as any other player. By your logic in 17 months time the devs shouldn't even care about you anymore.
I'd do the same even if I was paying monthly, so your point is moot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-05-2010, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limulus
I have a lifetime sub. If I want to sit in space or the club doing nothing, that is my choice. Heck, I may want to dance AFK. The ability to waste time is pretty much a right in an MMO.

In fact, I do sit in space listening to my audio books in the background. It's like a RP thing.
Sure it's your choice..... for 15 minutes. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-05-2010, 04:23 AM
People used to stay AFK 24/7 in SWG. The resources and bandwidth usage is minimal for an AFK player.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-05-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limulus
People used to stay AFK 24/7 in SWG. The resources and bandwidth usage is minimal for an AFK player.
I think you forgot to add in there " but no one was actually playing the game, so it really didn't matter if they stayed logged in"

As for the 15 minute timer, ya, I agree it is needed, the only problem I have with it is, if I have to go to the bathroom and I come back and I have been logged or something along those lines. I like the timer though because it flushes the AFK'ers out of the instances instead of sucking up the XP that everyone else is fighting to get.

The Timer needs to stay in the game, there is not enough for the people that want to play and can't due to full servers as it is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Cheaters have many methods of staying logged in and sapping xp. The AFK function does not affect the cheaters much. I don't think that is a valid argument as to why the AFK timer is in place.

That brings up a good point though. I haven't seen any AFKers in combat, but if there was, it would be nice to click on them and do "report AFK" like in the WoW BGs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-05-2010, 04:36 AM
the issue with SWG though was afk spawn camping. you could level from 1 -80 never having played the game more then the 5 min it took to type in the macro. I used to take great pleasure in upsetting that rhythm for afk players. The fact of the matter is, there is no real reason you need to be logged into a game, when your not there. There is no rp reason, since your role playing, and even in real life, no one is working 24-7. they don't hang at a bar all day.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 AM.