Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I have been trying to figure out how all the Klingon Tactical officers have VIRAL MATRIX at such low levels like Commander and Captain. (Anyone but a Science officer should not have that skill at this level) So I asked one and he said that he was awarded a "rare" BO for a level that had Viral matrix loaded on it that he is able to use at captain level in a BoP.

Gotta love it, keep it up Cryptic, bang up job your doing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Been hit with Viral Matrix at Commander. I'm confused at your point.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Clearly he doesn't understand how BOs work in BOPs. BOPs have universal slots, which means a tier 3 BOP could put in a LTC tactical BO with say high yield torps 3, a LTC engineer with engineering team 3, or a LTC science BO with viral matrix 1.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Sounds to me like the OP incorrectly assumes you have to captain the type of ships that matches your character's profession. Any profession can captain any ship of their faction that's available for heir rank. So any Commander in the Federation can captain a Science ship and have a BOff with Viral Matrix 1, which they can train any LtCmdr BOff with at the BOff skills trainer.

Only the level 3 skills, meaning Viral Matrix 3, Revers Shield Polarity 3, Torpedo: High Yield 3, require either full training of the appropriate captain's skill to teach their BOffs, or a rare BOff coming with the skill.

The Level 1 and 2 versions of every skills can be purchased at the Skill Trainer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
I have been trying to figure out how all the Klingon Tactical officers have VIRAL MATRIX at such low levels like Commander and Captain. (Anyone but a Science officer should not have that skill at this level) So I asked one and he said that he was awarded a "rare" BO for a level that had Viral matrix loaded on it that he is able to use at captain level in a BoP.

Gotta love it, keep it up Cryptic, bang up job your doing.
LMAO you really need to play the game more befor you troll on the forums about OP skills. . . Me thinks!
Or re-sub your WoW account and go play that some more, your choice. . .
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I find it funny, until that last patch, the only BO rewards we could get were all Engineering BOs, go look at change notes for last patch. I call BS on this.

As for Viral Matrix, it can be put on any Lt Commander Science BO, which you can use at T3 or higher. Since we have the BoP which has universal slots, they can put one on there if they want to.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOtherDestiny
I find it funny, until that last patch, the only BO rewards we could get were all Engineering BOs, go look at change notes for last patch. I call BS on this.

I have a "Blue/Rare" Science BO wit VM3. it came when i made my last rank, so it can happen... i still got a lot of {usless at the moment} "Blue/Rare" Enginners....

Yes i'm a Tactical officer, and Yes i used VM on the OP... I wish i took screenshots of how many times i used om him during one PvP match (just on because of the 1st PM you send me)... Judge_Bloodgood i will be looking for you in all PvP matches

Don't worry... I got a lot of love to give you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Viral makes killing fun for the whole family!

... there are tons of counters to viral, teamwork being the main one, you should look into them... because the use of viral is, well, viral... i don't see ppl stopping anytime soon.

so sit back... and enjoy the lightshow that is your explosion
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 10:03 PM
hell i have a none rare BOFF who i promtoed to Ltc I then trained his tier 3 skill to VM1

Blood you really need to understand the game a bit more.

For example a BOP has 1 less Boof slot than any other ship of its tier hower they are universal so we can put any class of BOFF we want in a slot. Thats the trade off for the reduction in Boff slots.

VM is a skill anyone can train or get with a Boff sci officer.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 10:08 PM
That is hardly a tradeoff.