Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
From the names of most engineering skills, IE "shield efficiency" etc, you'd think they directly effect the system.. but apart from a few of them (warp core training, subsystem repair, etc), they seem to specifically say that they effect ABILITIES which use these subsytems, and not the subsytems themselves.

I'd just assume that this is how it works, but I've seen some posts where people imply that these skills actually increaes the power levels to these systems, in the same way that warp core training does.

Since there's no skill reset yet, I thought I'd check. Can anyone confirm or deny that the "generic" engineering skills that say they improve "abilities" do just that, or also improve systems/power levels?

(The skill descriptions REALLY need to be made more clear)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Check out the bottom of the OP in this thread.

Long story short, Efficiency and Performance abilities both improve the power levels in the related subsystems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeyan
Check out the bottom of the OP in this thread.

Long story short, Efficiency and Performance abilities both improve the power levels in the related subsystems.
Woot, that's a useful thread.

So apparently everything except the second layer, "maintenance", directly effects power levels. Good to know.