Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 05:43 AM
right click on the phaser icon to set them to auto-fire. Otherwise you'll get carpal tunnel very quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalachiKrieg
I've used the pause twice. once on the Kuvah'magh when my crew took a coffee break without me and another time during the Gateway mission when I forgot to equip a crewmen and I saw a group heading out way. After that, I've found little use for it.

Then again, and OP this works for you as well, once you get PVP geared you really seem to slice through Away Missions like a hot knife through pre-heated butter sticks.
Oh I agree, I've not used it much myself. But for someone just beginning, its a really handy way to get a little practice in on how to control your BOffs and how to set up flanking with a couple of easy clicks. After that, its probably not needed so much (even though its a rather neat little feature that some appreciate I'm sure).
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_Die
Oh I agree, I've not used it much myself. But for someone just beginning, its a really handy way to get a little practice in on how to control your BOffs and how to set up flanking with a couple of easy clicks. After that, its probably not needed so much (even though its a rather neat little feature that some appreciate I'm sure).
Short as the pause may be, I have to say it is nice to have it for the "Ooh! Pizza's here" option, too
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Depending on your play style, you have many ways to level. Switch between them to fight monotony.

For my play style, star clusters are your friend.

EB
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 05:49 AM
Get used to your starter ship. You'll be in it for a bit.

Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 05:49 AM
What's the pause button?

Got mine through Steam so don't have a ncie easy to hand manual
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleepbleep
Ive just got the game, installed, and registered, ect, ect, im just waiting for the servers to come online in...38 minutes.

Any advice for a n00b?
Yeah grab the patch they just posted to the login server by running the launcher

Next get a nice drink, roll a smoke or whatever your pleasure, dim the lights, turn off the phone and get into character!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 05:53 AM
The main piece of advice I can give you is just relax and enjoy the game.

There are alot of people that have jumped the gun and have powerleveled att the way though and are now stuck parked around various bases doing the whole " Look at me, Look at me" routine with nothing else to do.

Just stop and smell the roses from time to time. Head to DS9 and look around, enjoy the chapter missions, but mostly, enjoy the enviroment.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 05:55 AM
be careful not to level up too quickly. It only takes 3 days to reach admiral and if you do, you will feel completely ripped off because the game has no end content.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
be careful not to level up too quickly. It only takes 3 days to reach admiral and if you do, you will feel completely ripped off because the game has no end content.

I've been playing since the beginning of the Headstart and I am Commander Grade 2. If you BUMRUSH for Rear Admiral, you can level fast. If you actually experience the game (and eat, poop and sleep ocassionaly), it takes a little longer than 3 days.

This is not what I would call constructive advice. Expecting "endgame" content from a freshly launched game if you're a power-leveller isn't really realistic. I've been MMOing since UO, AO and EQ. Par for the course.