Lt. Commander
If we needed any more hints that things are messy this would be it...

I gave a glance at my credit card bill today after reading some scary stories on here, I'm glad to report that none of these have happened to me so far but I did notice that instead of being billed for Star trek Online, I am being billed for Champions Online.

Is this a mistake?

If I try to login to Champions will I be able to play?

This is all quite disturbing considering I just gave these guys my credit card number and stuff like this is really making me uncomfortable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 07:42 PM
STO and Champions are both run by Cryptic. My billing also said Champions, but my STO account reflects my purchase. As long as your STO account info is also correct with your subscription, I wouldn't worry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 07:43 PM
I know both games are Cryptic's heck they are almost twins

What I am worried about is some billing screwup where I start being billed for a game I do not care to play.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiemart View Post
I know both games are Cryptic's heck they are almost twins

What I am worried about is some billing screwup where I start being billed for a game I do not care to play.
Everything is tied to STO, right? In-game, I mean? If so, you have nothing to worry about.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Eh, they likely just copied over the billing/account system to serve this game and forgot to update how the system identifies itself to the bank. My statement shows CO, too, and everything is working fine.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 07:58 PM
More top-notch quality assurance from Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by judisius
More top-notch quality assurance from Cryptic.
lolwut? What does this troll post have to do with anything? So what if your stuff is charged from CO. It still applies to STO, as all of the purchases are done through STO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 08:03 PM
heh , i also go billed for champs , made me panic for a second
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
lolwut? What does this troll post have to do with anything? So what if your stuff is charged from CO. It still applies to STO, as all of the purchases are done through STO.
Charging for the correct game is something that should have been tested before launch. It's a rather obvious issue, and one that would have been easy to spot had any serious testing been done on the billing system before launch.

Just because it works doesn't mean it was well made, and saying everything's cool because it works ATM is never a good idea in software development. Small bugs are indicators and hiders of larger bugs and small easily noticed bugs like this should be killed long before a system launches.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Oh my God, let's all freak out and panic!!!!