Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Hell no. Despite I can feel the Aussies' pain over the daily primetime downtime at the moment, regional servers are an extremely retarded idea. They are empty at virtually any time outside this region's evening time, making the game a very lonely experience for anyone NOT playing in the evening. Besides, meeting people from all around the world is why I am playing MMOs in the first place. I am very happy that more and more companies move to the one-server model, really.

The daily downtime will be a thing of the past soon, anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 05:37 AM
i love unique server!
cryptic i hope never will do regional servers.
i think its one of the best things on mmropgs market today..make unique server like eve online or champions.
(i am european..and hate the down times of the server..but i think its better do this that regional servers)
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 05:39 AM
Yip me too i prefer the one server and dont mind the downtimes just not expected when getting home with new packaged game to find its going down in 10 mins lol
Lt. Commander
# 14
The whole point of Star Treks Federation is that it is a united system of planets, that means Earth people from every cornor of the world fighting alongside Vulcans etc. If you start dividing up the gaming population then it only leads to problems, first of all how about Multi national fleets? The fleet i am in has members from Japan, America and Europe, id hate to loose contact with them all because someone dosent like Americans, i mean come on, i thought gamers where a lot more tolerant these days, am i wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady_J
Upon further examination, I think he meant the yanks stupidity as he didnt want us on the same server. I dont think he is complaining about the time zone.
Yeah, I don't read the original post as having anything to do with timezones and server maintenance. :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarella
please give us their own servers and the rest of us our own servers.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre

So you're asking a North American company for your own server? You know, I'm going to use this tactic when I next ask for a pay rise.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
Lt. Commander
# 17
I like the server the way it is, one international server. Sure the current downtime falls in the middle of my main game time (UK and don't work during the day) but it's not a problem, downtime will reduce a lot as game moves out of launch's teething time.

Being able to interact and share a game with people from all over the world is part of what makes an mmo to me. The language "barrier" is pretty much made of wet paper since most countries teach English as a second language a lot better than some English and American's speak it

It also pretty much guarantee's that there will be a reasonable population no matter what time I log in
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarella
please give us their own servers and the rest of us our own servers.

I agree 100%.

Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 05:41 AM
As a rule I like Americans, but, the one thing I will say is the Americans love to give out the abuse but when it comes to taking it they are the first to whine. The only benefit from having seperate servers is to stop unfair maintenance times, I am almost certain if you look at the game population there are more players outide the U.S playing than from the U.S yet the server times benefit West Coast America, and, yes it is an American company but server management should be done from the prospective of it's customers.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Rice
So you're asking a North American company for your own server? You know, I'm going to use this tactic when I next ask for a pay rise.

LOL, touche`