Lt. Commander
# 31
02-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Ive always played on US servers in MMO's even tho lag to AU is at times rather absurd, personally... i love the yanks =)

On a side note: Downtime isnt a huge issue for alot of Aussies, anywhere from 9pm-12am ... not a huge deal
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Rice
So you're asking a North American company for your own server? You know, I'm going to use this tactic when I next ask for a pay rise.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
Genius, lol. Cryptic is owned by a French company.
Lt. Commander
# 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakthefriendly
I agree 100%.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
Ok let me clarrify why i want our own servers- i can tolerate alot of multi cultural ppl- but when it comes to americans thier ego is so big that they think they superior to everyone else. I try and have civil convos but when you get named called and called stupid etc etc yourself- it makes you think who are the ones that really are stupid? Ok so not all americans are bad- jsut way way to many on this board.

The comment i made about china wasnt to say they are eurpean country- if you bothered to look at the post i made isntead of flaming me calling me stupid etc etc and go learn geography- you would of seen - i said they put all those countrys in one bracket- NOT that china is europe!

Damn frustrating at times- sorry if i offended ppl
And yeah i do like multi time zone games- i played eve online for 3 years and that game wouldnt of worked if it had seperate servers.

Just that alot of americans on this board are very arrogant and rude to us folks here in the rest of theworld- be a little less of that and i am sure we wil lall get along- but as it is now- your causing more grief then good! and will end up with angry ppl like me!
Lt. Commander
# 34
Yes... I want European servers. Increased costs on server locations, infrastructure technicians, customer and billing support, all with only the same income should keep Cryptic from making this game better. That'd be awesome in my opinion.

To the OP: grow up. If you don't want to play with American's, then find a fleet that's only European. Probably the easiest way to do this is learn German.

Calling 'yanks' stupid, on a game forum for a game developed in America, based on an American franchise, is just trolling.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QLanatir
Well, sorry to break your bubble, but if you think you have to face 'anti american garbage' try playing as a german player for a day or 2, being called nazi pig, *******, and so on. I despise any kind of xenophobia, but believe me, you are not the only one, and by far not the one that is being treated the worst. And Cryptic is doing nothing about it.
If someone calls you something like that, report them. That sort of behavior has no business in an MMO. That, and put the idiot on /ignore.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Reported the OP for American bashing + put him / her on ignore.

And *NO* thanks, I'm fine with one server.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarella
Just that alot of americans on this board are very arrogant and rude to us folks here in the rest of theworld- be a little less of that and i am sure we wil lall get along- but as it is now- your causing more grief then good! and will end up with angry ppl like me!
Funny, this was the first 'introduction' I've gotten to your account online.... and it started off by calling an entire nationality stupid, idiots, etc.

And you call other people rude and arrogant? Pot, meet kettle. Perhaps you need to hold the mirror up to see where the root cause is?
Lt. Commander
# 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarella
please give us their own servers and the rest of us our own servers.

While I think it would be a good idea to rotate the down time to please all but as a company this could be a logistical nightmare for them a better idea and one i am sure they will use is to take down the server at low usage times to affect as little people as possible, they will get this information as time passes and they build a pattern of useage.. As to your statement as a UK person I have no objections what so ever sharing this server with all races and your statement only goes to show there are STUPID people in all cultures. Please dont presume to think you have the majority of the UK population thinking the way you do, there are stupid people in all walks of life and your comment is more racist than fact.
Lt. Commander
# 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by QLanatir
Well, sorry to break your bubble, but if you think you have to face 'anti american garbage' try playing as a german player for a day or 2, being called nazi pig, *******, and so on. I despise any kind of xenophobia, but believe me, you are not the only one, and by far not the one that is being treated the worst. And Cryptic is doing nothing about it.
Yeah, that has to suck. Truthfully.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-05-2010, 06:52 AM
As some one who works in a multi-lingual environment daily, dealing with people all over the world from the US all the way to New Zealand I've always found it a little bit tongue in cheek how much people on the other side of the pond seem to be able to get away with things that we ourselves as American's are so blatantly called stupid and ignorant for.

You mock our culture, our nation our people, our way of life. If Americans were to do the same, it would be an international incident. Some person in France does it, its just...par for the course.

Someone much smarter than me, and much smarter than any of you said it best.

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." - Albert Einstein

This quote was just prior to the beginning of World War II.

I tend to believe in that. This is one world, no section of humanity is any better than any other section of humanity just because of whatever borders on a map encompass it.

The United States is full of brilliant people, just as there are brilliant people in France and the UK and Russia and the Middle East and Asia and Australia.

Its the stupid ones you find on the internet....waving flags and pointing fingers, and unfortunately there are quite a lot more stupid people than there are intelligent people.

So to echo the OP somewhat, I don't like stupid people either, I just don't think stupid has a nationality.