Ensign
I am suddenly having troubles getting into the game. I get an error stating that it fails to initialize on demand patching and that it has timed out. I am confused, I have disabled on demand patching, run through arc, disabled fire wall, reinstalled, restarted, restarted my internet, I can patch just fine, but once I click engage it goes to the splash screen and then freezes. Nothing has changed on my computer in the past few days that I am aware of, and it worked after the patch, just not this morning. Am I missing something?
Captain
# 2
03-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedfuture View Post
I am suddenly having troubles getting into the game. I get an error stating that it fails to initialize on demand patching and that it has timed out. I am confused, I have disabled on demand patching, run through arc, disabled fire wall, reinstalled, restarted, restarted my internet, I can patch just fine, but once I click engage it goes to the splash screen and then freezes. Nothing has changed on my computer in the past few days that I am aware of, and it worked after the patch, just not this morning. Am I missing something?
Try running force verify, this detects any corrupt files and fixes them.
Live long and Prosper
Ensign
# 3
03-01-2014, 03:04 PM
I have, I have also completely reinstalled the game. It's doing the same thing on the other system as well now.
Ensign
# 4 same freakin thing
03-01-2014, 03:28 PM
happened to me as well just last night. was in the middle of an stf when the game crashed and now cant get into game at all.........QUALITY STUFF CRYPTIC!!!!!!!! How about some help!!!!!
Ensign
# 5
03-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhopper View Post
happened to me as well just last night. was in the middle of an stf when the game crashed and now cant get into game at all.........QUALITY STUFF CRYPTIC!!!!!!!! How about some help!!!!!
Guess we get to wait til next patch when they accidentially fix it.. mwuahaha.. well other mmo's are working so I'll go there.
Career Officer
# 6
03-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Have you guys run a tracert? It sounds like you're not able to connect to the Cryptic servers at all.

The servers are working, so there could be a service disruption between you and Cryptic.
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Ensign
# 7
03-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Yep. Connects fine.
Career Officer
# 8
03-01-2014, 05:42 PM
redacted - I missed part of the OP's post RE On-Demand patching.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Ensign
# 9
03-01-2014, 08:49 PM
I can't tell if you're having the same problem as I am, but please check the solution on my thread here and see if that helps:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1038811

Good luck!
Ensign
# 10
03-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgmonkey2 View Post
I can't tell if you're having the same problem as I am, but please check the solution on my thread here and see if that helps:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1038811

Good luck!
Which vpn are you using? could ya inbox me so not to violate whatever on the forums?