Lt. Commander
# 1 Officer Ranks
02-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Hey Guys not sure if this is the right place for this but I am curious what all the officer ranks are and I cant seen to find a guide or anything. Basically I am Lt. 8 and was wondering how many more Lt ranks I have to get thru before I get to Lt. Cdr. and so on and so on.
Thanks for the help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 10:34 AM
At this point I'd berate you for not searching the forums prior to posting, but searching for myself and looking at the website FAQ, there doesn't actually appear to be anything on this.

There are 10 levels per rank. Ranks go:
Lieutenant
Lieutenant Commander
Commander
Captain
Admiral

5 ranks, meaning 50 "levels" you need to go through.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Basically, at level 11 youll get the quest to become lt commander. Currently, there is only 45 levels in game, Admiral stops at 5. You can also mouse hover over the experience bar at the top of your screen in game for all sorts of leveling info.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 11:10 AM
All very cool.. now riddle me this:

I am currently an L3, and when I go to my character sheet, in the part where I can specify my displayed rank, it gives me three options: Ensign, Lieutenant JG, and Lieutenant.

When was I a Lt. JG? Presumably, if I was an Ensign at level 0, was it level 1? Level 2? Did I just become a Lt. JG and not notice?

I know. I ask too many questions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow609kd View Post
All very cool.. now riddle me this:

I am currently an L3, and when I go to my character sheet, in the part where I can specify my displayed rank, it gives me three options: Ensign, Lieutenant JG, and Lieutenant.

When was I a Lt. JG? Presumably, if I was an Ensign at level 0, was it level 1? Level 2? Did I just become a Lt. JG and not notice?

I know. I ask too many questions.
As far as the game is concerned, LT is LT, they just give you the option to us LT JG for character/rp reasons if you so choose. In my head, I considered myself a LT Jg up till bout LT 5.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Lt. (j.g.) is not a formal part of the STO level system. If you like you can call levels 1-5 Lt. (j.g.) and levels 6-10 Lieutennant, but it would be purely cosmetic. (Yes, it will cost you to have your uniform suitably adjusted at the Tailor's.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrceval View Post
As far as the game is concerned, LT is LT, they just give you the option to us LT JG for character/rp reasons if you so choose. In my head, I considered myself a LT Jg up till bout LT 5.
OK cool.. that makes sense. It occurs to me it was when I was choosing my rank insignia for my costume that I had the option. And the insignia was different (of course) depending on my choice.

So.. for RP reasons, then. Got it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikeman
Hey Guys not sure if this is the right place for this but I am curious what all the officer ranks are and I cant seen to find a guide or anything. Basically I am Lt. 8 and was wondering how many more Lt ranks I have to get thru before I get to Lt. Cdr. and so on and so on.
Thanks for the help.
You can speak to Commander Balt in Personnel on Starbase 1 (Earth, Sol system). He has lots of information.