Lt. Commander
First I must say that ground combat is pretty good and what I am suggesting here is only an improvement.

It seams that the combat range is 30.meters. That could be a problem.

For example i have a phaser sniper rifle mark 2 and i can only fire at 30 meters. the same range as a full

auto assult weapon. this takes away the advantage of the phaser sniper rifle which is range.

Basicly I am simply saying that it would be good to make some ground weapons shoot at a longer disstance

than others. It would realy make a differance in weapon choices.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcshadow View Post
For example i have a phaser sniper rifle mark 2 and i can only fire at 30 meters. the same range as a full auto assult weapon. this takes away the advantage of the phaser sniper rifle which is range.
Erm the "advantage" of the sniper rifle is that the most powerful single target burst damage with the "sniper shot", wich is an "exploit" attack intended to take out a single target, while the full auto rifle is doing little spread damage, making an "expose" attack, inteded to expose several tagets for an upcoming "exploit" attack (like the sniper shot or split/pulse beam).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcshadow View Post
Basicly I am simply saying that it would be good to make some ground weapons shoot at a longer distance than others. It would realy make a differance in weapon choices.
I dont think changing weap range for differents weapons will affect positively the gameplay of STO, even if you made long range weaps do little damage and short range more damage, cuz imho it will inevitabely leads to everyone using the same current "top until nerf" weapon...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 05:55 AM
You have 2 options, hand held pistols that have short range but tend to have slightly more effective specials or rifles/assault rifles that have the longer range but tend to have slightly weaker special effects.

The sniper rifle never claimed to have a range advantage, its advantage is, as stated above, being the highest single target damage special available.