# 11
02-05-2010, 06:50 AM
In Before Lock! Lol
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
Heh. I was only warning you because I got one myself.
Yea its no suprise, Cryptic likes to punish the people who were defending them selfs. *shrug* I dont really care one way or the other, Im expressing my self on the forum about a feature im sure many people liked and if i get in trouble for it, well thats fine i take full responsability for freedom of speech.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 06:52 AM
If you want colored weapons back then get on the phone and call up CBS / Paramount and ask for their licensing department. Get their EXPLICIT permission, IN WRITING, then send it to Cryptic and prove to them that CBS doesn't care about pink phasers.

That's the only possible way those colored weapons will be put back in STO. They weren't removed because people complained about them. They were removed because they broke licensing agreements and were never put past CBS Quality control. The command to change them was left in game by ACCIDENT and never should have been there to being with.

I can guarantee that if someone from Cryptic calls up CBS and asks "Hey, can we put hot pink phasers in our game?" the person on the other end of that phone would strain his voice yelling at whoever it was at Cryptic that made that call.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 06:53 AM
"Self destruct protocols engaged. Containment failure in sixty seconds. There will be no further audio warning."
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenXavier View Post
If you want colored weapons back then get on the phone and call up CBS / Paramount and ask for their licensing department. Get their EXPLICIT permission, IN WRITING, then send it to Cryptic and prove to them that CBS doesn't care about pink phasers.

That's the only possible way those colored weapons will be put back in STO. They weren't removed because people complained about them. They were removed because they broke licensing agreements and were never put past CBS Quality control. The command to change them was left in game by ACCIDENT and never should have been there to being with.

I can guarantee that if someone from Cryptic calls up CBS and asks "Hey, can we put hot pink phasers in our game?" the person on the other end of that phone would strain his voice yelling at whoever it was at Cryptic that made that call.
Where is your proof that they care at all?
Get explicit evidence. In writing.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfleet-Command View Post
Ugh, I hate it when people do this, firstly a post about a closed thread, and then trying to once again make it as if their opinion is the one with the clout, thereby encouraging further trolling.

The fact is, as the mod rightly stated, there are vocal opinions on both sides, it seems to be as widely NOT ENJOYED as it is widely enjoyed.
And i have no problem with them expressing their hate for the feature, but aslong as they do it in a sensible and mature way, which many people WERE NOT.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkaix View Post
Well if i could reply in the thread he closed then this wouldnt happen! Oh well he can just stack it up with my other warning / infraction for non exsistent troll/harassment posts *waves hand in the air and walks away*
In all fairness, though, it was getting pretty heated, with some posters throwing out some quite nasty and insulting comments. It's hardly surprising it was closed.

And from looking at some of the comments that have come in while I've been typing this, this thread is going to go the same way...
Lt. Commander
# 18
Each weapon type should have it's own unique colour so as to define what weapon is being fired. If I was in PvP then I would like to know what I am being hit by so as to ascertain what tactics to use for that weapon. Being able to change your weapon colour ishould not be allowed. Did Picard ever decide to use pink phasers? NO and neither should we.
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkaix View Post
In reply to this post, Id like to say that its very difficult to help encourage cryptic to reimplement this widely enjoyed feature when trolls continue to post in the threads thus making you close it.

That is all *Puts on flame pants*
It is not widely enjoyed.

What makes you think it is? Because the same people keep posting the same crap time and again to get it back in?

Look.

Solve it easy.

Do a vote on it, if this forum allows it. Leave it up for a month. No replys. No reasoning. No arguments. Just yes or no options.

Simple as that.

Either that or a Dev comes out and says "We don't want it in, we are not allowed to have it in, and that is the end of it please stop making these threads"

Ok?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 06:54 AM
I am just placing a Plug for my suggestion its linked in my Signature under color....
Closed Thread