Lt. Commander
# 81
02-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightslasher View Post
all i am saying is that looking at the posts i have seen (admittedly i avoid most of the threads that start with OMG gimme back mah colored phazers i needs ta shoot mah rainbows at the skittle monsterz) more people seem to dislike that feature than like it.

If the outcry said they wanted it back and the devs put it back in, i won't mind. i just won't use the feature myself.
Well i would love to make both sides of this arguement happy by them adding a feature to disable it, but we would have to have a healthy amount of people agreeing to it and wanting cryptic to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-05-2010, 07:51 AM
If a vote shows a majority for it I will shut up and put up with it. I would expect those who want it to do the same if the majority do not want it.

Other than to say that, please vote :-

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=103944
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraigUK View Post
I don't think a yes or no vote is appropriate. It should come down to the the best reasoning as determined by the developers. Edit: also the solution likely is not to revive the /powerhue command but something different, what can or.should be done and only be determined by the developers.

While I wold love to have a good debate on the pro's vs con's, its not going to happen in the current forum environment. That thread needed to be closed. The moderators have better things to do than babysit the forums for trolls.

I am pro-color but at this point there is no reason to even attempt to discuss it. Any rational argument, pro or con gets drowned out by trolls, strawman arguments, and even a couple sock-puppets.

I would love to have a "no troll" area that is strictly enforced, as in 24-hour ban for a single direct attack, to discuss this rationally. I can actually understand many of the leave asis arguments, but there are many people just trolling and posting unsupportable arguments for the other side.
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
If a vote shows a majority for it I will shut up and put up with it. I would expect those who want it to do the same if the majority do not want it.

Other than to say that, please vote :-

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=103944

Problem is the Forums are not representative of the game, and most trolls like to be negative.
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
as cynical as i am i'd expect posts like "yay we won! Uber leetz pink spotted phasers with green stripes 4 da win!"

not saying people would do that, just saying what i think would happen.
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtedExtra
I don't think a yes or no vote is appropriate. It should come down to the the best reasoning as determined by the developers.

While I wold love to have a good debate on the pro's vs con's, its not going to happen in the current forum environment. That thread needed to be closed. The moderators have better things to do than babysit the forums for trolls.

I am pro-color but at this point there is no reason to even attempt to discuss it. Any rational argument, pro or con gets drowned out by trolls, strawman arguments, and even a couple sock-puppets.

I would love to have a "no troll" area that is strictly enforced, as in 24-hour ban for a single direct attack, to discuss this rationally. I can actually understand many of the leave asis arguments, but there are many people just trolling and posting unsupportable arguments for the other side.
Hehehe strawmen and sock puppets! Sounds like a fun filled sunday night!
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Why do you keep reposting these threads when they keep getting locked? You're starting to break the rules now and seem to be deserving of a ban. Stop raising this issue when the GMs have stopped the debate. There's no point in continuing the discussion anyway as the bug has been removed and won't come back for a long time, if ever.
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandajuice View Post
Why do you keep reposting these threads when they keep getting locked? You're starting to break the rules now and seem to be deserving of a ban. Stop raising this issue when the GMs have stopped the debate. There's no point in continuing the discussion anyway as the bug has been removed and won't come back for a long time, if ever.
None of my threads have been locked FYI, this was just reposted due to a locked thread of someone else. Thanks for reading.
Closed Thread