Lt. Commander
You know... the ones they were suppose to get. Just like how your customers paid $50.00 for a finished game. I seriously wish there was a viable way to take MMO companies to court so future generations of gamers would not be exploited as badly as we have been with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
You know... the ones they were suppose to get. Just like how your customers paid $50.00 for a finished game. I seriously wish there was a viable way to take MMO companies to court so future generations of gamers would not be exploited as badly as we have been with STO.
So far this is beginning to look like bait and switch. It can't be a balance issue, because the other race that we can get as a Boff has efficiency. It would be nice to hear from the devs. It's CRAZY how silent they are. Like they got caught screwing us again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by durdenswrath View Post
So far this is beginning to look like bait and switch. It can't be a balance issue, because the other race that we can get as a Boff has efficiency. It would be nice to hear from the devs. It's CRAZY how silent they are. Like they got caught screwing us again.
I can create a fresh character, pick "Alien" for the race, and take effciency as the trait. Good thing I saved those screen shots of the web site. I might call them out on false advertising after all. It worked when I nailed sony 2 years ago for trying to sell 1080i Tvs as 780p.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
so future generations of gamers would not be exploited as badly as we have been with STO.
You sir, have a flair for the dramatic.

I'm not going to defend the game, but this game has nothing on plenty of other MMOs when it comes to an unpolished release. This is a trend found in all MMOs. It was a rushed release; Borg BOs were not tested in beta at all.

Give it some time and stop making idle threats to sue, because you've already waived your rights when you agreed to the TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativePhobia
You sir, have a flair for the dramatic.

I'm not going to defend the game, but this game has nothing on plenty of other MMOs when it comes to an unpolished release. This is a trend found in all MMOs. It was a rushed release; Borg BOs were not tested in beta at all.

Give it some time and stop making idle threats to sue, because you've already waived your rights when you agreed to the TOS.
Nice use of the quote to cut out the part of the statement about a majority of MMO's coming out, not just STO.

And I hate to tell you this trend you mention, doesn't apply to STO, because there has yet to be an MMO released by a major company that has less content then this game.

Even Vanguard had tons more to do than this game. This is a very poor attempt, what makes it worst is the framework IS here for a good game. Anyone even glancing at STO can tell this was a money scheme, and not an attempt at releasing a game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 09:00 AM
It is kind of frustrating to preorder and then purchase the lifetime membership and get neigther the ship that was promised for Pre-order nor the borg enhancements. Still I am enjoying the game. I will give the STO staff a few more days to get it together before I go EMO.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Bump, no fix in the latest patch. Atleast make an official comment Cryptic. Please.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
I can create a fresh character, pick "Alien" for the race, and take effciency as the trait. Good thing I saved those screen shots of the web site. I might call them out on false advertising after all. It worked when I nailed sony 2 years ago for trying to sell 1080i Tvs as 780p.
But...1080i TVs are 780p TVs...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
A gamer with a proven track record of fighting and winning against the big guys. I am impressed. Keep us updated on your progress. Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraden
Bump, no fix in the latest patch. Atleast make an official comment Cryptic. Please.
The 'Official' comment on this issue is in the first post of this thread... http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=98535