Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 06:22 AM
Very good review, completely agree.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 06:26 AM
I can agree with this review wholeheartedly. It was fair, even-handed, and not overly critical. It identifies the strengths and the weaknesses clearly and identifies ways that Cryptic can improve upon it.

As for me, I'm enjoying the game a great deal. But even the inner-Trekkie in me knows it's far from perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 06:30 AM
What I hope is that they will improve the game they have enough that it will be worth an 8/10 in a year or so.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_Mittens View Post
I can agree with this review wholeheartedly. It was fair, even-handed, and not overly critical. It identifies the strengths and the weaknesses clearly and identifies ways that Cryptic can improve upon it.

As for me, I'm enjoying the game a great deal. But even the inner-Trekkie in me knows it's far from perfect.
Despite my thinking the timing of the review is questionable, I agree with this sentiment.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 06:41 AM
I agree 100% with the review. They pointed out what works and what doesn't, listed the technical problems without making it seem like each one was the end of the world. Most importantly, they pointed out that a lot of people do find it fun to play.

Cryptic should listen to the complaints in that review and also enjoy the praise.

In three months, hopefully there will be more of the good and less of the bad.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Could we get a mod to merge these two threads?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=103972

It's practically the only real review we have yet, so it stands to reason people will want to discuss it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 06:46 AM
I have to agree with the review.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silellak View Post
I think it's a little fishy to be posting a review of any MMO less than a week after the official release, but then that's their call I guess. I think Kotaku's new approach to MMO reviewing, personally:

http://kotaku.com/5462290/star-trek-...tardate-201002
Eurogamer reviews every big game at release, and in some cases they have been known to re-review MMOs a few months after (they actually awarded Age Of Conan a higher score the second time).
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silellak View Post
I think it's a little fishy to be posting a review of any MMO less than a week after the official release, but then that's their call I guess. I think Kotaku's new approach to MMO reviewing, personally:

http://kotaku.com/5462290/star-trek-...tardate-201002
This happens all the time. They have to sell either bandwidth or paper and new releases are big news - especially solid gold IP like STO.

I did not read it. Why should I? I'm not interested in the opinions of a journalist on STO. I can see the flaws and the glories myself - I'm not intersted in seeing it through the lense of a jounalist's agenda.

I thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Ok stopped reading on the 3rd page.....

Why because the person that wrote the review is not past lutenent yet.

Although I agree with the bit about not being able to make a fleet of 20 players and going into a fleet action.

Almost commander myself and the variety of missions I have done is the same as the most popular MMO to date World of ********.....

Relief missions <deliver x supplies to planet x
Rescue missions <rescue ships from mine feilds, personel from hostrage situations and breaking planetary blockades.

Going to system x and removing pirates.

The episodes are great fun <going back in time and seeing the USS Enterprise B <I think it was>

Take person from x to z.

The list goes on.

Yes the game has bugs, its had a little downtime <minor compared to the uptime> and needs a few tweeks here and there but overall I and alot of other players <perticualy in BSC fleet are having a blast.
Closed Thread