Ensign
# 1 My Rank within a Fleet
03-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Is the mechanism by which I move from recruit to member to officer within this fleet I joined some great secret. the wiki talks about the Rank of the Fleet, but not gaining rank within the fleet. is this a fleet by fleet thing or system wide?
Commander
# 2
03-06-2014, 01:16 PM
It depends on inside Fleet rules set by Fleet leaders. Nothing automatic make by system.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Captain
# 3
03-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boblfoot812 View Post
Is the mechanism by which I move from recruit to member to officer within this fleet I joined some great secret. the wiki talks about the Rank of the Fleet, but not gaining rank within the fleet. is this a fleet by fleet thing or system wide?
Its usually best to work with fleets with a defined promotion strategy and an active senior management. Many smaller fleets are little more than private banking slots for friends.

Our fleet (dtfleet.com), while small has a dedicated command that promotes you after 260K in donations to a position where you can buy what you want. We have completed everything, so it's about maintaining our provisions and recouping some of the costs to build the fleet in the first place.

Others offer the same for 200K. Some for much less.
Captain
# 4
03-06-2014, 01:45 PM
also, officers generally have some responsibility to the fleet. There are a lot of promotion levels (and pretty sure those are configured by the fleet leader?) so progression might give you (these are examples) the ability to use the fleet stores, fleet bank, etc. There may be some sort of controls for how many provisions one player can use (every fleet item you buy uses a limited resource and prevents another fleet member from buying something if those goods are low).

It should be clearly stated on your fleet web site or whatever medium, or maybe in a mail for joining the fleet, these things also vary. If you cannot find it at all, ask an officer in your fleet. If you cannot get a straight answer, it may not be a good place.
Ensign
# 5
03-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like I need to in game mail the Fleet Leader and get a clearer picture of their rules and procedures. This fleet is still building it's staton and mine so.