Lt. Commander
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/st...-online-review

"Star Trek Online has warped in unprepared, jury-rigged, piecemeal and scatterbrained. It's a jumble of broken-up content, inconsistent rules and half-finished systems that does a great job of throwing players together but a terrible job of keeping them together.."
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Sounds about right. Sadly. Hope with all the cash Cryptic has raked in the fix things.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 06:22 AM
You forgot the score: 6/10

Like I always say. Though very unfinished and in need of serious polishing, it has a very solid groundwork and can only get better.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 06:23 AM
actually well written.

i'm a fan of sto, but really do understand its flaws.

a good read.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 06:25 AM
A harsh, but fair review. It actually sums up my thoughts quite nicely, and I'm afraid that quite a lot of people will feel the same way.

Yes, they will be adding more to it, but the question remains... will anyone still be around by the time that happens?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
A harsh, but fair review. It actually sums up my thoughts quite nicely, and I'm afraid that quite a lot of people will feel the same way.

Yes, they will be adding more to it, but the question remains... will anyone still be around by the time that happens?
Lifers. Maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonz View Post
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/st...-online-review

"Star Trek Online has warped in unprepared, jury-rigged, piecemeal and scatterbrained. It's a jumble of broken-up content, inconsistent rules and half-finished systems that does a great job of throwing players together but a terrible job of keeping them together.."
Sounds about right, at least in my opinion.

Eurogamer is my preferred gaming publication and I've not seen this yet, thanks for posting it.

Edit: Just finished reading it, I pretty much concur with absolutely everything Mr. Walsh said.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Seems like a fair assessment. I enjoy the game but graded it a C+, which fits with Eurogamer's 6/10 rating.

Thanks to the Star Trek appeal, I think STO will get enough of a playerbase to be able to afford significant improvements over time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
Yes

10char
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
Sounds about right, at least in my opinion.
Of course it is in your opinion, whose else would it be in?