Lt. Commander
There are no critters, monsters, beasts, insects wandering or attacking or taking a #2 on any planet I have come across. Why? There should be random creature spawns on planets so you never know what you will encounter.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:23 AM
I second this sentiment... where's the alien life forms? Those "scan 4 things" missions would be alot more interesting if something was trying to eat my red shirts.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 07:29 AM
It would be very nice to have some possible challenge wherein one can decide whether or not to avoid, investigate or defend against the fauna of a planet.

Heck, it would be awesome to every once in a great while just happen across some crazy difficult to deal with beast of a monster that could be considered some form of Boss on one of those planets. Something that can make one of those missions suddenly go a different direction.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Yea, this is one of the points that bothers me very much. I understand that not every single planet can have life, and that's just fine.

But it's virtually and in reality impossible that every single planet has no life at all. No matter how small or big. A bug there, a fly there, a crawling something over there is enough...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4el
I second this sentiment... where's the alien life forms? Those "scan 4 things" missions would be alot more interesting if something was trying to eat my red shirts.
You made me laugh, thanks
To the topic, yes I would appreciate something like this to.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Maybe they were all just hiding, ready to throw you a PARTY - but heard you complaining and thought:

"No. NO. We shall NOT waste cake on THIS guy. Let us wait here in hiding for someone who is MORE deserving of our frosting and moist cakey goodness."

And now you not only are alone on the planet, but you don't get cake.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 07:35 AM
to be fair, the planets in this game are typically not any more or less populated than the TV shows (all of them). If you think about it, it's pretty faithful in that respect.

IMHO, given the variety of planets and randomization that goes on, I wouldn't want to see them incorporate random wildlife until they could do it procedurally. Seeing the same reskinned model on 100 different planets would be pretty atmosphere breaking. If they could create the monsters and textures procedurally I would be all for slightly more populated planets, even though the current state is very faithful to the spirit of the shows.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Colony worlds with something other than dirt paths between buildings would be nice.

The underground base/cave maps are insane too, no signs of habitation, just a handful of computer consoles scattered around some caves infested with huge mushrooms... and no visible light sources.