Lt. Commander
Scheduled Maintenance

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Friday, 5th, February from 3am to 6am (11am to 2pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. Keep your eyes here for updates regarding this maintenance.

The downtime should have ended 30 minutes ago. There seems to be no information on why the downtime is being extended or for how long.

What's up?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Unfortunately there has been a complication with our maintenance. We are going to have to extend the window another hour. 3am-7am PST (11am-3pm GMT)

On the bright side some of what is taking so long is that we are upgrading our servers.

Dev tracker is your friend
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Check the Dev Tracker. There is a post in another forum saying it is taking longer than expected and will now be down until 10 am EDT.
Lt. Commander
# 4
/facepalm.......................
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazey View Post
Scheduled Maintenance

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Friday, 5th, February from 3am to 6am (11am to 2pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. Keep your eyes here for updates regarding this maintenance.

The downtime should have ended 30 minutes ago. There seems to be no information on why the downtime is being extended or for how long.

What's up?
Happens all the time in MMOs. Frustrating as it may be (I am wating to get back to the freshly restored K7 and spend 601 Medals), but it's par for the course. Lots of things could extend the downtime. To be very fair to Crytpic, though, the last couple of 2 hours downtimes have been 1.5 hours. So they've earned some credits in my bank.

...Still a note would be nice.

EDIT- Just found the note. Bed time for me then.

"On the bright side some of what is taking so long is that we are upgrading our servers." alone makes it woth it to me. Could very well have been "Guys, the new hardware came early from FedEx!'
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 07:31 AM
[edit] it clearly says its been extended untill 3 due to complications. plus it would be a good idea to find something else to do in the mean time.........[edit]

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Last Saturday, they were supposed to be down until 8:00am eastern, and came up at 7:25.

Where were your indignant posts then?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Yeh, thanks for pointing out the Dev Tracker forum guys. Guess we need to watch this thread.

I don't get why they don't update the info on http://www.startrekonline.com/support though.

It says: "Keep your eyes here for updates regarding this maintenance."
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotamerryman View Post
you sir are a moron. it clearly says its been extended untill 3 due to complications. plus it would be a good idea to find something else to do in the mean time.........maybe you could spend your free hour looking in the mirror and asking the question.............

why am i complaining about something that in the grand scheme of things is both beneficial and really not that life threatening..
You sir, are an ill-informed "jerk". It's past the "3am" timeframe already, which is what the OP was asking about. Reading is fundamental. The announcement for an extra hour on top of the previous "extra hour" was just recently announced.

Maybe you could spend yout time looking in the mirror and figuring out how to remove your head from your butt and be a little more civil to people asking questions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote
Last Saturday, they were supposed to be down until 8:00am eastern, and came up at 7:25.

Where were your indignant posts then?
Come now, in defense of the OP, how is "What's up?" indignant? If that's indignant I am indignant 200 times a day. He wasn't being rude, just asking.