Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Telling people to learn to play is a result of seeing the same tired whines trotted out by new people who haven't bothered to read the forums or face their own incompetence. It's shorthand for "You aren't trying hard enough."

When there are people who have played pvp on both sides, almost invariably as their skill level goes up those people come here and say that they feel that pvp is balanced.

Almost without exception, the biggest complainers also have little or no insight into the mechanics of how this game is played.

I'll stick by our often used mantra, and say that most of the complainers need to learn to play before coming here to give the developers advice about game design.



Enumerate these changes. The only change that is contributory is the dilution of the fed faction with hundreds of thousands of newbs.
You aren't trying hard enough isn't a valid argument. When you have one, please post it and maybe someone will listen/care. Until then all you're doing is filling up the boards with more mindless, thoughtless non-points to try to defend your self proclaimed race.

Please stop.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nybris
In Beta I ate Klingons for breakfast, the changes at release reversed that.

Only the small of mind really think they are winning so handily because of their uber skill.

PvP in every MMO I have ever played has been unbalanced in favor of one thing or another.

Right now the two things that I'm envying Klingons for is cloak and the ability to slot as many of one type of officer into a ship as they want. Sure it makes the ship one dimensional, but if you play on a team it makes that ship extremely powerful. Especially when the hold immunity timer is broken and you can slot multiple officers with the same hold as you want to completely paralyze a Federation ship until it is dead.

My response to all the Klingons trying to defend their overpowered PvP status right now with responses like learn to play is grow up. If this is the only response you have then you don't have one.


Except that in Beta people who played Klingon did it for fun, to see and try out the other faction before they had to pay for the game. After the release more of the PvP minded players went Klingon, they already knew what needed to be done in order to gain an upper hand. Simply put there are very few PuGs for Klingons, I am about to hit T4 and I've pugged at most 5 times. Rest of the time I am running either with my fleet or with other fleets I have met. Sometimes a 5th player will join my fleet team of 4 and we ask them to get on comms, 90% of Klingons I played with joined our vent server. Can you say that same for your faction? Can you even guarantee that they will group up and call out FF?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-05-2010, 08:48 AM
A great many of the losses we feds suffer early on are because:
A) New feds don't know how to fit their ships properly to counter cloak.
B) New feds don't know that they need to stick with the group and ball up in a tight formation.
C) New feds don't know that you can't fly around in pvp at full impulse all the time.

If you get a team where feds know at least 2/3 of the above, you'll do just fine. In OB 95% of feds did B and C really well and A was just unnecessary. I myself only learned how relatively easy it is to detect cloak (at least for a science officer) a few days ago. Since then I've changed my tune about the whole "Klingons are unbalanced" issue.

So L2P, while somewhat rude, is a fairly accurate response.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-05-2010, 08:50 AM
As one of the few people who have played Tier 4 extensively already, I can tell you it's too soon to tell how the balance lies. There just hasn't even been enough players in games to start with even teams every game yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoOverdose View Post
A great many of the losses we feds suffer early on are because:
A) New feds don't know how to fit their ships properly to counter cloak.
B) New feds don't know that they need to stick with the group and ball up in a tight formation.
C) New feds don't know that you can't fly around in pvp at full impulse all the time.

If you get a team where feds know at least 2/3 of the above, you'll do just fine. In OB 95% of feds did B and C really well and A was just unnecessary. I myself only learned how relatively easy it is to detect cloak (at least for a science officer) a few days ago. Since then I've changed my tune about the whole "Klingons are unbalanced" issue.

So L2P, while somewhat rude, is a fairly accurate response.
Please stop using terms like 'we' when referring to Klingons. You aren't Klingon. Everyone in the game can play both sides. Please don't assume everyone is as bias as you are. Most are not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
You aren't trying hard enough isn't a valid argument. When you have one, please post it and maybe someone will listen/care. Until then all you're doing is filling up the boards with more mindless, thoughtless non-points to try to defend your self proclaimed race.

Please stop.
Except that you arent trying hard enough is a completely valid argument. When a Klink goes into a PvP match and he sees a Fed escort running 250 arc beam weapons, thats the Fed not trying hard enough. When a Klink goes into a match and all of a sudden the Fed cruiser tries to run circles around the Klink instead of focusing on his forntal shields, thats not trying hard enough. When a Klink sees that the Fed did 0 healing, thats not trying hard enough.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnawLF
Except that you arent trying hard enough is a completely valid argument.
That's when I stopped reading. No it's not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
Please stop using terms like 'we' when referring to Klingons. You aren't Klingon. Everyone in the game can play both sides. Please don't assume everyone is as bias as you are. Most are not.
Reading comprehension FTW??? Look at what you quote before you quote it and respond. Look at your post and read your quote (from me). You should start to feel dumb.
A great many of the losses we feds suffer early on are because:
Never have I claimed to play klingon. If you look at me previous posts, it is very clear that I spend 99% of my time playing feds. Until a few days ago I was pro-klingon nerf. Now I am not and my post indicates this.

Again, Reading Comprehension FTW. Grade school stuff really.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
That's when I stopped reading. No it's not.
Sure, lets not listen to the faction thats dominating. Obviously they have nothing interesring to teach us and are simply OP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoOverdose View Post
Reading comprehension FTW??? Look at what you quote before you quote it and respond. Look at your post and read your quote (from me). You should start to feel dumb.
A great many of the losses we feds suffer early on are because:
Never have I claimed to play klingon. If you look at me previous posts, it is very clear that I spend 99% of my time playing feds. Until a few days ago I was pro-klingon nerf. Now I am not and my post indicates this.

Again, Reading Comprehension FTW. Grade school stuff really.
Sorry for the mistake. L2P still isn't a valid argument, althought I know what is trying to be said. You get me a screenshot of you seeing a cloaked ship at 15km and I'll admit feds need to L2P. Until then you're wrong.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 PM.