Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 T3 Cruiser Class /Klingon
02-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Quick question,
Is it any good? Or is the BoP still the way to go in pvp?

The reason I ask is, I'll be lvling up from T2 sometime today and I'd like to save myself a lil time making the choice.

Thx in advance
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-05-2010, 06:44 AM
do you pug only

do you have a team ( support ships )

and what class r you ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-05-2010, 06:46 AM
I pug and fly solo atm, I'm holding out for a decent pvp fleet/guild to show up.

Oh, and I'm engineer class.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-05-2010, 06:54 AM
If your going to play as a Bcruiser, your best off as a dps/healer hybrid... if you dont heal, just go play a raptor, the turn speed isnt worth giving up for the extra survivability if you dont use engi BOs properly.

Extend shields scales off shield energy as well, so if you boost the proper skills you can run around with EP to shields 2/3rds the time and still have 70+ shields while maxing firepower and be able to heal, if your an engi captain, EPS sets it up another 20 points for another 20-30 seconds. EPS also does this for every type, so you will have 120 weapon power and 90 shield power, being able to FF with everyone while sill healing effectively.

Beams are also a decent(probably the better of the two if your healing, since running from person to person hinders opportunities to shoot with cannons) spec for this, though if you went all cannons in T1-T2 you will have already maxed cannons instead.

Turn speeds go down for everything per tier, so once you hit T4 and T5 you wont be able to get a good weapon lock with cannons on any competent person outside of cruisers, bcruisers and Vo'Quvs. But thats competent, so.... you should be able to find someone turreting in half the matches, so have fun running them over. Though the opening barrage is still easily viable as a bcruiser, just competent pvpers will know to get close so you cant turn fast enough to shoot them.

Edit: healing can keep even the dumbest person alive for a short bit, so it helps in PuGs too. Also FFing pugs (competent enough to FF, but not organized) will usually hit someone with extend shields on them and not know what to do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Thx Face,
I'm not going into my entire tactics here, but my general playstyle is,

a) Uncloak to the rear,
b) Hit 'em with all fwd cannons taking out shields, then firing High Yield taking out usually 30% of the hull,
c) ...private tactics from here on

But essentially, uncloak, burst dmg then holds/scamble sensors etc.

Would not a T3 Cruiser with 4 fwd weapons play that role well??
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_Hunter View Post
Thx Face,
I'm not going into my entire tactics here, but my general playstyle is,

a) Uncloak to the rear,
b) Hit 'em with all fwd cannons taking out shields, then firing High Yield taking out usually 30% of the hull,
c) ...private tactics from here on

But essentially, uncloak, burst dmg then holds/scamble sensors etc.

Would not a T3 Cruiser with 4 fwd weapons play that role well??
It would and woudl also give you greater survivability. As it stands now you see less and less raptors past tier 2. Most players are either in the BC type ships or Bops. If you go crusier I would suggest putting in consoles that increase your turn rate. Also look at the impluse engines and their turn rates.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baaddare View Post
It would and woudl also give you greater survivability. As it stands now you see less and less raptors past tier 2. Most players are either in the BC type ships or Bops. If you go crusier I would suggest putting in consoles that increase your turn rate. Also look at the impluse engines and their turn rates.
Sadly ,this is because the Raptor suffers, like the Feds escorts, from the nerfs made to cannons in Closed Beta. Ironically, the fact that they nerfed cannon range hurt escorts and not the BoP's like the Fed criers in CB wanted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_Hunter View Post
Thx Face,
I'm not going into my entire tactics here, but my general playstyle is,

a) Uncloak to the rear,
b) Hit 'em with all fwd cannons taking out shields, then firing High Yield taking out usually 30% of the hull,
c) ...private tactics from here on

But essentially, uncloak, burst dmg then holds/scamble sensors etc.

Would not a T3 Cruiser with 4 fwd weapons play that role well??
K't'inga does just fine with 2 cannons, a dual beam array and a torpedo launcher up front and 2 turrets in the back. Get yourself an engineering console that will boost your turn rate, also find an EPS Flow console. Also, make sure you have Canon: Rapid Fire 1.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Sadly ,this is because the Raptor suffers, like the Feds escorts, from the nerfs made to cannons in Closed Beta. Ironically, the fact that they nerfed cannon range hurt escorts and not the BoP's like the Fed criers in CB wanted.
bops are escorts as well you know. Problem is at tier 2 the raptors suffer becasue of no BC when grouped with Bops. In an all raptor group they do well as they can use the old ME 109 tactic of boom and zoom as a group. By tier 3 people either love the Bops or want to get into the cruisers. I think once you see the T2 Klingon crusier in the game more people will use raptors at tier 2 and thus more will stay with tham as they lvl.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baaddare View Post
bops are escorts as well you know. Problem is at tier 2 the raptors suffer becasue of no BC when grouped with Bops. In an all raptor group they do well as they can use the old ME 109 tactic of boom and zoom as a group. By tier 3 people either love the Bops or want to get into the cruisers. I think once you see the T2 Klingon crusier in the game more people will use raptors at tier 2 and thus more will stay with tham as they lvl.
No, they are not. They are a hybrids because they have flexible BO slots. BoP's have a high enough turn rate that the nerf to cannon range did not hurt them if you want to turn them into a pseudo-Escort. Fed Escrots and Raptors on the other hand got hit hard and are still reeling from it. They've made Escort useless. Why do you think we target them first in PvP? They are the lame duck.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 PM.