Lt. Commander
OK. i know there a kids playing this game, that will never read this, cuz it's not bright and sparkly. I know a kids mentality to play..... so this is not directed at them.

When I'm one vs. three, or four or five, I have NO PROBLEM playing the PREY. I'll even introduce my self in zone "Hello I am (name) and i'll be your prey this evening". I like a challenge and it gives you good survival training, finding the best little spots to niche into, making that hurdle over that middle box the 1st time (you know the one), what spots to avoid getting hung up (like the Warp core well on the ghost ship scenario, yeah, i bugged it) You notice "What the heck weapon was THAT?" and just "how many hyposprays do i have left"

With Klingons, Ive actually had a team, "halt game" -like a street hockey match when a car comes-, and pick an area for Bat'leth practice.,one on one. Honorable, to say the least . In short time, my team slowly fills in 2vs.5, 3vs.5,...."GAME ON

Seems the Fed side, like the little "lapdogs" that they are (hehe) just wanna Kill a Klingon, wipe their hands with their moisturized tissues and move on to the next kill. I know you guys have longer PvP Q's cuz you cant FvF (yet), we just got an exchange, so your FvF cant' be far away. The main reason I have no fed character- I like a live threat- PvE is tooooo easy.

Maybe Klingons would FvK more if you acted a little more Honorably. Throw out a compiment to your opponent if you had a Long drawn out battle win or lose, or they narrowly escaped a sure death.
Some Fed players I've met, probably longer in the tooth i imagine, are Honorable players and i salute you. "Your Blade is Sharp".

Five LC7's chasing one LC3. There is no Honor in this kill, unless I am willing prey. If I don't respawn immediately you probably ****ed me off.

And when you load in as the 1 vs. the 5, don't be a baby and beam out, give it a chance, reinforcements are on the way, they just havent Q'd up yet.

Let's see if the server is back up after maintenance- "Game ON" let the hate-mail fest begin.

FYI- When your just one player on a map, there is no "request reinforcements" button.

How about a Player and Away Team /BO PvP scenario? (probably in the works) but that might be fun.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:01 AM
Cool story bro?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 07:08 AM
your concepts of klingon honour are off and based on human concepts of honour.

as someone who has RPed a klingon in fantasy game for five years i can tell you:

klingons use stealth or any other advantage against an enemy. including greater firepower, better armour, strength in numbers, the element of surprise, and fighting a weakened enemy.
klingons will subjugate weaker races without a second thought. however it is the defeat of stronger opponents that brings the most honour.
there's ritual combat and then there's real world combat. squaring off in one v one on teh battlefield is a good way to lose a battle.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 07:09 AM
I would be much, much more involved with PvP if more folks approached it as the OP does.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedknob
I would be much, much more involved with PvP if more folks approached it as the OP does.
Agreed. Having said that, I intend to get out and do some PVP anyway... at some point. I'm having too much fun in the PVE stuff right now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyklingon
your concepts of klingon honour are off and based on human concepts of honour.

as someone who has RPed a klingon in fantasy game for five years i can tell you:

klingons use stealth or any other advantage against an enemy. including greater firepower, better armour, strength in numbers, the element of surprise, and fighting a weakened enemy.
klingons will subjugate weaker races without a second thought. however it is the defeat of stronger opponents that brings the most honour.
there's ritual combat and then there's real world combat. squaring off in one v one on teh battlefield is a good way to lose a battle.
"MY" concept of honor is way off? Cuz I'll make 5 stronger opponents work for their kills instead of being a wuss and click my beam-out? Oh, yeah, I'll run,...run ike the dickens,..... catch one offguard and waste him every chance I get.

Do i yell "Time out",.....F**k no. But given the circumstance to drop the energy weapons, and fight hand to hand, or bat'leth with Inherent and Kit powers only, sure I'll go for some healthy sparring. Maybe teach my fellow Klingons to better their skills to face a real adversary, Ive found few of those. Will I shame them, yup, frustraite them make them rush and loose their cool, yup, exploit my every advantage, Sho "Nuff!!!!

I agree with you, there is no greater honor than defeating a stronger opponent, so when I'm 1v5 I try to keep at least a
1 to4 ratio of kills to death (below 8 kills= personal loss, better than 10kills personal win).

Yeah, you sound like a RP'er. Bet you look cute in your little convention costume, too. Enjoy your PvE.

Keep you Blade Sharp and your eyes open, I'll be on your 6.