Lt. Commander
# 11 Cheers!
04-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
/screenshot
/screenshot_ui
/screenshot_ui_jpg
That's a great help thanks and much appreciated, I should be able to get some awesome pics without the UI now.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-20-2010, 10:45 AM
In reguards to the screenshot button producing screenshots with ui I do tech support and some versions of xp (depending on build and service pack) will screenshot with the printscreen button and put a screenshot in your pic or docs folder but even if thats the case you should still get the defaulted screenshot w/o ui in the root game folder I forget the path but then screenshots folder. Are you getting the pic with UI in the game screenshots folder or in one of your documents folders?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vapor_
Are you getting the pic with UI in the game screenshots folder or in one of your documents folders?
I press the Print Screen key on my keyboard in game and then open GIMP and paste the image from the buffer into the editing software, so I can then edit, then save in any format.

I haven't checked if the Print Screen key automatically saves the images in a folder, I wouldn't know where to look, but I can definately tell you that the images do not automatically save in the STO screen shots folder.
Lt. Commander
# 14 Alecto FAIL
04-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
I can definately tell you that the images do not automatically save in the STO screen shots folder.
Forgive me, I accidently gave you the wrong info and now feel silly, see I just checked my "screenshots" folder in the "Playtest" folder.

There are numerous screen shots from when I was testing in the Tribble Server, I just never realised that they were automatically saved there, and they are all without the UI.

Somehow, when pasting from the buffer into GIMP, the image keeps the UI in the pic.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
ALT-F12 is the default keybind to hide the UI while playing.
Thank you !
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
ALT-F12 is the default keybind to hide the UI while playing.
Excellant news. Now all I need is to be able to go FULL 1st person in space and ground to hide my cameraman.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-23-2010, 03:20 PM
For screen shots just using the Print Screen key on your keyboard automatically removes the UI from the screen shot. You shouldn't need to hide the UI unless you are taking the long way about taking screen shots and pasting them into a paint program.

Screen shots taken using Print Screen will appear in your screenshots folder inside your STO folder which can be found inside your Cryptic folder on your C drive. I always create a shortcut to this folder in my Pictures folder for ease of use.

For video recording you definitely want to use the Alt+f12 method.

Captain
# 18
02-03-2013, 01:35 PM
When I click Alt F12.. I get a green boxes.. anyone knows how to record STO without the interfaces?