Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP tanking guide?
02-05-2010, 07:10 AM
is there one somewhere?

iv tried different skills, but still my BOP is made out of papper, and even rear cannons on Battlecruiser have no problems taking my shields down, EMP to shields doesnt seem to help that much

only skill that works well is reverce shield polarity, but thats kinde long CD and normaly used for when im 1st one to uncloak
yet i see battlecruisers tank my cannons, when i dont have rapid fire ready, easy
Lt. Commander
# 2 Teamwork FTW
02-05-2010, 07:48 AM
I am not sure what level you are looking at here.. I assume that you are looking at Lt to LtCmdr? There are different options that have worked fairly well for me at different times. Bottom line is that if you are tanking with no assistance against multiple enemy ships you are toast.

Have a teammate that can throw Extend Shields onto you? This is one of the best ways to get more damage resistance and shield regen from an ensign available skill. Combined with Emergency Power to Shields it can make you much tougher.

Did you try Scramble Targeting Sensors to keep one enemy off of you? At higher levels Scramble Sensors and Viral Matrix can be great help to crack into a Fed formation and prevent an instant response from them.

As a Klingon you should know which of you will be the first to attack and work together to keep that attacker alive against the initial response while concentrating your fire per your target priorities. I have had better results having one Klingon uncloak and attack long enough before the others so that we knew he would get focus fired as we alpha strike out first target. This lead Klingon gets the majority of our buffs and should concentrate on tanking as best as possible rather than damage output. This technique seems to work better for surviving the initial assault versus trying to all attack at the same second.

If you have no one helping to prop you up and everyone on your team knows you are going to "lead the charge" you might want to get a new team. This can be tough in low level PuGs because so many Klingons only take skills that will help themselves like EPS or EPE or JTS. I usually keep BOs trained for these different team skills and swap them in based on the group I wind up with.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardein View Post
I am not sure what level you are looking at here.. I assume that you are looking at Lt to LtCmdr? There are different options that have worked fairly well for me at different times. Bottom line is that if you are tanking with no assistance against multiple enemy ships you are toast.

Have a teammate that can throw Extend Shields onto you? This is one of the best ways to get more damage resistance and shield regen from an ensign available skill. Combined with Emergency Power to Shields it can make you much tougher.

Did you try Scramble Targeting Sensors to keep one enemy off of you? At higher levels Scramble Sensors and Viral Matrix can be great help to crack into a Fed formation and prevent an instant response from them.

As a Klingon you should know which of you will be the first to attack and work together to keep that attacker alive against the initial response while concentrating your fire per your target priorities. I have had better results having one Klingon uncloak and attack long enough before the others so that we knew he would get focus fired as we alpha strike out first target. This lead Klingon gets the majority of our buffs and should concentrate on tanking as best as possible rather than damage output. This technique seems to work better for surviving the initial assault versus trying to all attack at the same second.

If you have no one helping to prop you up and everyone on your team knows you are going to "lead the charge" you might want to get a new team. This can be tough in low level PuGs because so many Klingons only take skills that will help themselves like EPS or EPE or JTS. I usually keep BOs trained for these different team skills and swap them in based on the group I wind up with.

IIm not always in my Fleet group, so was looking for something to make me survive bit longer ( commander atm), was just wondering how cruisers can take so much dm when alone

oh and thx
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 08:27 AM
cruisers use a veraity of skills tank tank and to heal other and by combining these heals with resitance buffs thats how they tank so long

ill use my kligon vorcha for an example

sci bo
hazard emitters one (dot hull heal) u and others
polarize hull energy res+ immunity to tractor u

engy 1 bo
emergency power to shields 1 resistance and shield heal u
engineering team 2 hull heal with several buffs u and others
reverse shield pol 2 shield heal u
the lvl 4 skills seem to be broken atm
engy bo 2
emergency power to engines( run away!!!!) u
extend shields only others

tactical bo
beam overload
high yield 2

and by putting sp into spots that buff these ability in t3 or 4 i can make my cruiser tank any ship 1v1 indefinitely with a second vorcha similarly set up either of us can tank 2-3 ships indefinitely and with a 3rd gl trying to kill any of us in t3 i use the same setup minus the extend shields and the same goes
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 09:32 AM
thx to all of you nice people