Republic Veteran
# 21
03-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksinspace View Post
Since it is the only thing I haven't seen that I want: a Romulan exclusive time travel mission (maybe to Romulus).
That would be too heartbreaking for my Rom Girl ... She's a Refugee of Romulus, and seeing the world of her birth restored, even if it's a different temporal version, would be too much ...

Like how hard it was to see Tasha (or version of her) alive, after her senseless death ... The tears, they would flow copiously ... I would perhaps be even as emotionally disturbed as Nero ...

Come to think of it though ... It would make for some, perhaps, very interesting and deep missions, provided it was written properly ... I'm not sure I'd trust Cryptic with it though ... Maybe the person/people who did the Sword of Kahless missions ...
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
# 22
03-06-2014, 08:11 AM
As said by others a full carrier. As it is I am not tempted by the Scimitar nor the tactical "carrier", I just keep hmming and haring over them. I would snap up a carrier straight away.

Science ships along the lines of the Vesta bundle, with a Rommy twist obvously. I would snap these up.

To be able to use allies BOFFs to train without having to to actually commission one of the type I want to use to train up my Rommy BOFFs.
Captain
# 23
03-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Another thing I'd like to see (a really minor thing) is the Scimitar NPCs with green hull material. The jet-black versions don't look very Romulan; I can't picture Sela flying around in one. Same with the Falchion: would the Republic really choose a scary black dreadnought as their flagship?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lieutenant
# 24
03-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Another thing I'd like to see (a really minor thing) is the Scimitar NPCs with green hull material. The jet-black versions don't look very Romulan; I can't picture Sela flying around in one. Same with the Falchion: would the Republic really choose a scary black dreadnought as their flagship?
That raises the question, do Romulans/Remans perceive black as a "scary" color? Even on earth, color carries different connotations depending on the culture in question. ie, Many Eastern cultures see black/dark colors as positive colors.

As for my wishlist item, I'm going with other folks and saying Romulan Ground Set. Feds have M.A.C.O., Klinks have Honor Guard, Rommies should get a Praetorian Guard set or something like that.
Rihannsu
# 25
03-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexyf View Post
That raises the question, do Romulans/Remans perceive black as a "scary" color? Even on earth, color carries different connotations depending on the culture in question. ie, Many Eastern cultures see black/dark colors as positive colors.

As for my wishlist item, I'm going with other folks and saying Romulan Ground Set. Feds have M.A.C.O., Klinks have Honor Guard, Rommies should get a Praetorian Guard set or something like that.
Well, they probably associate green to most things earth cultures associate red to (passion, violence, etc) due to their blood being copper based. I don't know if that would affect more of their color spectrum views though.
Ahr'ih'kheid, aei u'rhaarh: Heis'he ishae, Kheh'irho ishae, Llaiir ishae, Jahkaer ishae, Merht ahr'lhao draed lli lloannvher.

Certain it is and sure: Love burns, Ale burns, Fire burns, Politics burns. But cold were life without them. - The Romulan Way
Lieutenant
# 26
03-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Another two points, being said I understand the difficulties associated with the suggested changes.

Rom FED/KDF can team together... We are all Romulans, it just so happens some of us are our military liaisons to the FED or KDF, all of us are allies to both.

Also Rom FED/KDF should be able to trade with one another.
(In-game) Sho'tyk@mr.guy533
Recruiting Officer for 2nd Fleet
Check us out at http://www.2nd-fleet.org/
Rihannsu
# 27
03-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Well, one thing to remember is that not all cultures on Earth associate black with death. Some, such as the Japanese, associate white with death.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 28
03-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexyf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregry View Post
Well, they probably associate green to most things earth cultures associate red to (passion, violence, etc) due to their blood being copper based. I don't know if that would affect more of their color spectrum views though.
This is part of the reason I made the color for the Tactical Division of the Tal'Diann green. The other part of my reason was that I've seen green given as the Romulan color for Tactical somewhere (I don't recall where at the moment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Well, one thing to remember is that not all cultures on Earth associate black with death. Some, such as the Japanese, associate white with death.
In the Highlands of Scotland, black or navy blue was the color traditionally worn by the bride at her wedding.

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Praetor of the Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
Commander
# 29
03-06-2014, 11:27 PM
A more impressive transformation for the aves dyson destroyer. Of the three dyson destroyers the Romulan one has the least impressive transformation. All it does is swivel it's guns around and extend it's warp Nacelle unlike the others that actually seal up the second deflector.
Which was rather disappointing because it was the best looking of the three.
Lieutenant
# 30
03-07-2014, 02:20 PM
The color interpretations make sense when looked at in the right light.
Black/dark=the color of fertile soil, and rain bringing clouds
White/light= the pale of coldness/sickness, the color of bones.

You can imagine the Remans wouldn't have any particular negative sentiments about Black/dark. It's probably one of the more "comfortable" colors for their vision.

I also recall reading somewhere that while Romulans are capable of seeing roughly the same visual spectrum of colors as humans, they're psychologically/neurologically more comfortable with darker/deeper colors than humans identify with. And no, I unfortunately can't offer citation for that at the moment. XD