Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Changes to the power cap.
02-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Is anyone else a tiny bit annoyed (mabey just a mild irritation?) that they capped the power to 125? Not just weapons, but shields too... The build i had developed in OB had allowed for higher Power levels, and it was only this week (after headstart) that I actually noticed the cap. I mean im T3 and im running at 118, it stands to reason at t4 ill be running at 120, and t5 122 - if not higher with extra console slots, so ill be using a skill such as 'emergancy power' or a battery with a 5 min cool down for the sake of 3 power? Ideally imo the use of batteries or skills shouldnt be capped, or extend the cap to 150 - i mean people are investing SP and BO points in these skills in order to gain a temporary advantage to their power settings, they should recieve some benefit from it.

Thats just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnek View Post
Is anyone else a tiny bit annoyed (mabey just a mild irritation?) that they capped the power to 125? Not just weapons, but shields too... The build i had developed in OB had allowed for higher Power levels, and it was only this week (after headstart) that I actually noticed the cap. I mean im T3 and im running at 118, it stands to reason at t4 ill be running at 120, and t5 122 - if not higher with extra console slots, so ill be using a skill such as 'emergancy power' or a battery with a 5 min cool down for the sake of 3 power? Ideally imo the use of batteries or skills shouldnt be capped, or extend the cap to 150 - i mean people are investing SP and BO points in these skills in order to gain a temporary advantage to their power settings, they should recieve some benefit from it.

Thats just my opinion.
Why would you use a battery to the power you have focused on? That's just stupid. You wouldn't use a battery to go from 92 power to 100. So why would you use it to go from 122-125?

Use a battery for the ones that AREN"T the focuse of your current power setting. I.E. If your focused on shields, use an auxiliary battery to boost your power for a skill use. Or if your focused on weapons, use an engine battery to boost speed and run away. Etc etc.

You get the ID10T award for the day!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
Why would you use a battery to the power you have focused on? That's just stupid. You wouldn't use a battery to go from 92 power to 100. So why would you use it to go from 122-125?

Use a battery for the ones that AREN"T the focuse of your current power setting. I.E. If your focused on shields, use an auxiliary battery to boost your power for a skill use. Or if your focused on weapons, use an engine battery to boost speed and run away. Etc etc.

You get the ID10T award for the day!
Because certain skills are affected by subsystems

CPB is affected by aux. if I have 100 to aux and pop an aux battery I should get 175 aux, making CPB that much more powerful.

Please do some research before you start calling people idots. You're just making yourself look like one by not being informed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-05-2010, 10:04 AM
The max cap was always 125. Even in beta.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorac
Because certain skills are affected by subsystems

CPB is affected by aux. if I have 100 to aux and pop an aux battery I should get 175 aux, making CPB that much more powerful.

Please do some research before you start calling people idots. You're just making yourself look like one by not being informed.
Yea I know, no I don't need to do research because trust me, as a science captain in a science ship, I know about which systems boost which powers.

But I also knew what the power level is at. My question to YOU was why would you use a bettery to gain a mere *THREE* power to a setting like you cited earlier? That is YOU being an idiot. Just because YOU don't agree with CRYPTIC's decision to cap out power settings to 125 doesn't mean that they are wrong. You are wrong for thinking that the battery could go to 175. Like I said, I would't waste a battery to do that. If you wanted to maximize your power for a skill you could set your power level in that skill to 50 so that when you DO use a battery you are getting 125 power (MAX) out of it.

Thanks for playing...buh-bye!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
Yea I know, no I don't need to do research because trust me, as a science captain in a science ship, I know about which systems boost which powers.

But I also knew what the power level is at. My question to YOU was why would you use a bettery to gain a mere *THREE* power to a setting like you cited earlier? That is YOU being an idiot. Just because YOU don't agree with CRYPTIC's decision to cap out power settings to 125 doesn't mean that they are wrong. You are wrong for thinking that the battery could go to 175. Like I said, I would't waste a battery to do that. If you wanted to maximize your power for a skill you could set your power level in that skill to 50 so that when you DO use a battery you are getting 125 power (MAX) out of it.

Thanks for playing...buh-bye!
You are stating that it is dumb to use a battery for 3 power. I agree with that. The OPs point was that it shouldn't be capped.

You are focusing on that 3 power, when the thread is about that it shouldn't be capped. That is the point I was making.

And I shouldn't have said research. I should have said reading is fundamental.

I'm well aware of what the cap WAS and IS.

And healthy discussion generally aren't formed when the first response is calling someone an idiot.
Reread the OP and discuss the necessity of a cap or don't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
Yea I know, no I don't need to do research because trust me, as a science captain in a science ship, I know about which systems boost which powers.

But I also knew what the power level is at. My question to YOU was why would you use a bettery to gain a mere *THREE* power to a setting like you cited earlier? That is YOU being an idiot. Just because YOU don't agree with CRYPTIC's decision to cap out power settings to 125 doesn't mean that they are wrong. You are wrong for thinking that the battery could go to 175. Like I said, I would't waste a battery to do that. If you wanted to maximize your power for a skill you could set your power level in that skill to 50 so that when you DO use a battery you are getting 125 power (MAX) out of it.

Thanks for playing...buh-bye!
Your quoting the wrong person with all those YOU's in caps... but y'know ill ignore the minor stupidity even though you called me an idiot ...

Anyway point was that could the cap be increased, powers like emergancy power to... are void if your already at cap. Some one asked why would i want more power to a subsystem im already capped at - the answer is simple, I want better performance. If i were capped at Aux, and wanted to hunt cloaked ships and use sci skills, id want more range, for weapons id want more damage/dps, for shields ... well you get the point.

At the start of open beta (less than a week in) i didnt notice a cap, as with a battery for 3 seconds i had power at 200. which turned out to be handy, however it was beta and this could have been a bug.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnek View Post
Is anyone else a tiny bit annoyed (mabey just a mild irritation?) that they capped the power to 125? Not just weapons, but shields too... The build i had developed in OB had allowed for higher Power levels, and it was only this week (after headstart) that I actually noticed the cap. I mean im T3 and im running at 118, it stands to reason at t4 ill be running at 120, and t5 122 - if not higher with extra console slots, so ill be using a skill such as 'emergancy power' or a battery with a 5 min cool down for the sake of 3 power? Ideally imo the use of batteries or skills shouldnt be capped, or extend the cap to 150 - i mean people are investing SP and BO points in these skills in order to gain a temporary advantage to their power settings, they should recieve some benefit from it.

Thats just my opinion.
I'd love it if dev's let you do this...and the sideeffect was frying your power systems and taking minutes to repair it....you have crippled your own ship!

I wanna see some dead BOFF's too, ya know, where they get sent flying across the bridge because the console they were using had a power surge. Wouldnt it be a great reminder everytime you decided to pop powerlevels above 125 that you now see a big red X over one of your BOFF's faces in the BOFF tray. HE's DEAD JIM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
they shouldn't cap it. and let the overload to the system blow a fuse and take out your system
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Removing the Cap, letting you get it to 200 and then frying that subsystem would be pretty good balance imo.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 PM.