Captain
# 371
03-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post

Just because you want X does not mean they must give you X.
At the same time if they offer Y and I want X they do not get my money. In the end the metrics will, in one fashion or another, determine who is correct.
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 5 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 5 / Embassy 3 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781
Captain
# 372
03-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Nope, not demanding anything; nor do they even have to cater to my needs: that's all in your own mind. I am, however, the one deciding where to spend my money on. And I am telling Cryptic they're not getting it for this bundle (in its current state). I, and many others with me, have already outlined why. They can do something with that feedback or not.
You must not read your own posts then, because I could have swore you wrote:

Quote:
And since we, the players, are paying Cryptic, don't you think that, if to anyone, they should be explaining it to their, you know, paying customers?!
Clearly you are wanting an explanation. That is not in my mind.

They do not have to give you an explanation - as I said to you above - and you do not have to buy the product. Welcome to the free enterprise state.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 373
03-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Well, I will simply tell you a life lesson I learned at the age of 5 from my parents: Saying "I want" is not the same thing as getting - nor should it be.
Yup, saying "I want your money!" is not the same as getting it. In a healthy seller/customer relationship, the onus is on the former to convince the latter to spend his or her money on their product. And it should never be otherwise.
Captain
# 374
03-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
At the same time if they offer Y and I want X they do not get my money. In the end the metrics will, in one fashion or another, determine who is correct.
What you are missing here is that the Galaxy line is a dead series of ships. They are on sale as a bundle because they are outdated. If the ships were top-of-the-line Cryptic would still be selling them for full price. Heck, if they had not come out with the bundle idea they probably would have been part of the next free gift week.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 375
03-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Quote:
You must not read your own posts then, because I could have swore you wrote:

Clearly you are wanting an explanation. That is not in my mind.

They do not have to give you an explanation - as I said to you above - and you do not have to buy the product. Welcome to the free enterprise state.
You conveniently, and rather disingenuously, glossed over the explicit conditional I put in:

"IF to anyone, they should be explaining it to their, you know, paying customers?!"

Translated for you: IF, and only IF, there's any explanation to be done, it should ere be towards the customer. That is not at all the same as demanding an explanation, LOL. I was gonna say "Nice Try!" But even for tries, that was a pretty lame one.
Captain
# 376
03-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Translated for you: IF, and only IF, there's any explanation to be done, it should ere be towards the customer.
Who would they explain it to if not to their customers? The grocery store clerk who does not own a computer?
Career Officer
# 377
03-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Quote:
What you are missing here is that the Galaxy line is a dead series of ships. They are on sale as a bundle because they are outdated. If the ships were top-of-the-line Cryptic would still be selling them for full price. Heck, if they had not come out with the bundle idea they probably would have been part of the next free gift week.
...and u seem to miss that that changes nothing about the fact that the ingame version has too many flaws referring to canon and in comparison to other ships from the same era (is subpar at best).

...btw: as far as i'm aware off they're selling em at full price. they're probably just 1k zen less xpensive than other 3 packs cause of the venture, which not is a t5 ship.

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!
Captain
# 378
03-05-2014, 04:49 PM
I do believe that the bundle is at a reduced price because they are re-releasing ships that already exist and there is a set between them. If I'm not mistaken every C-store ship that has pieces of a set can be puchased as a bundle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
The whole whatsyourbeefwithhtegalaxy thread was asking for mango.

The reboot is peach.
I'm sorry but this analogy while good has veered into quite hilarious and enjoyable.

Quote:
And no one is saying you do not get the right to decide what to do with your money. Cryptic is not demanding you buy their product. You, on the other hand, are demanding they justify their product to you. They are not required to cater to your demands. Put this example into any other walk of life:

You go into a smoothie shop and the special of the day is strawberry. You do not like strawberry and so demand they justify to you why the special is strawberry rather then blueberry - your favorite. To your mind the smoothie shop needs to justify why they put strawberry on sale. They do not. They can put whatever they want on sale.

Cryptic has put the Galaxy ships on sale via a bundle: buy them individually for over 6,000 Zen or buy them in a bundle for 4,000 Zen. You are demanding they change the product to meet your wants. They do not need to do that. You can buy the bundle and get the sale price or you can buy them individually for full price; or not buy any of them. Your choice.
Cryptic is certainly not demanding that we buy their product. However, they put out that product and they do expect us to buy it. Otherwise they're wasting their time and ours.

To jump into this epic smoothie analogy.

What's happened here is that we came to the shop for strawberry. They have strawberry. But when we try to drink the blasted strawberry through a straw, they haven't blended it enough so the straw keeps getting jammed by chunks of strawberry and we can't drink the smoothie. Then we have some people saying use a spoon. You can still eat it if you use a spoon. That's true, but by not blending it enough there are also ice chunks, uneven flavor, and it generally isn't a good strawberry smoothie either.

As the customer if we feel something isn't right we do have the right and in some cases the responsibility to inform the people that we patronize what we think is wrong. If we don't then we can have zero expectation that that thing which is wrong will change.

If we want change, we can't get it by being quiet. And it is our choice to not buy something, especially if we feel that it is sub par.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Captain
# 379
03-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wast33 View Post
...and u seem to miss that that changes nothing about the fact that the ingame version has too many flaws referring to canon and in comparison to other ships from the same era (is subpar at best).

...btw: as far as i'm aware off they're selling em at full price. they're probably just 1k zen less xpensive than other 3 packs cause of the venture, which not is a t5 ship.
The Galaxy X is 2,500, the R is 2,000, and the Venture is 1,500. So it is normally a 6,000 Zen pack, not including the bridge. 4,000 is a big discount.

And as I will point out, again, the purpose of the pack was not to fix the Galaxy - it was never the stated intention. The fact that you want a fix does not change the fact that they never stated they were fixing it.
Career Officer
# 380
03-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Quote:
What you are missing here is that the Galaxy line is a dead series of ships. They are on sale as a bundle because they are outdated.
That has got to be one of the silliest things you said so far! The point, the whole point, and nothing but the point, was a ''Reboot,' remember?! Not selling a dead series at a discount, ROFL.

You're a stich. You're so bent on picking fights here, that you're even willing to admit "that the Galaxy line is a dead series," just so you can 'correct' ppl on why it's discounted -- thereby freely, ostentatiously even, admtting it's a sub-par bundle! I LOL-ed; then I read you again, and LOL-ed again.

But yeah, maybe you need to forego on the picking-fights thingy a bit?! While humorous, it's getting old fast.