Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,008
# 261
03-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
See, that's EXACTLY the sort of thing I would find interesting, even if it were done completely seriously.

The idea of complete incongruity...is something I actually like. Some of my favorite Trek episodes are ones where the main characters run into something REALLY weird that seems like an expy from B5.

I think that most of our differences here can be chalked up to the Horta-on-Baywatch analogy. I find something massively out-of-place to be interesting, whereas you find such things annoying.
Yup... TEHO


Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Against a morally-uptight person, Three is absolutely an antagonist. Her Original was actually conceived as the ultimate opponent to throw into stories when necessary, but when I started giving her and the clones personality quirks to make her more interesting...I found that they made a really interesting antihero sort.
Putting Three into the Marvel-Verse would work perfectly, where moral ambiguity (or even Outright Evil) can still fit in... The TrekVerse (Mad Kathy and Frankie aside) is a bit more 'clean cut', but again, Horta on the Beach...


Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
YES! Green Lantern, that was it.
I wouldn't've known had I not seen the trope page, but this look of utter shock just really gets a chuckle from me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
And now I want to do an Ael-meets-D'trel one-shot, because that would be awesome and would likely involve one or both of them shooting the other.
That would definitely be interesting... Especially given Ael's complete apathy toward the Romulan Political Sphere... I think it would definitely have to be a Han v Greedo moment of 'who shoots first', not one winding up in the sarlac like a punk coughbobafettcough

Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Interesting. I shall most definitely keep these in mind. A technically-nonaffiliated ship that does Starfleet's dirty jobs...there are worse ways to get your living weapon past the court-martials.
Could Three become her own Contract Holder? A Unit with a Risian Corvette could probably get around...


Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
I think that I'll be mostly focusing on "Do'eth"/D'trel until she runs dry (creatively speaking), but one question...both characters kill and maim people on a regular basis, both are psychotic, both are extremely dangerous people, so why do you prefer the Romulan to the unit?
Romulan womenz are like Vulcan chicks but without the Seven Year Itch... But honestly, it's just a case of in-universe, rather than not

Last edited by marcusdkane; 03-16-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: forgot pic link...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,722
# 262
03-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
I wouldn't've known had I not seen the trope page, but this look of utter shock just really gets a chuckle from me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
That would definitely be interesting... Especially given Ael's complete apathy toward the Romulan Political Sphere... I think it would definitely have to be a Han v Greedo moment of 'who shoots first', not one winding up in the sarlac like a punk coughbobafettcough
So definitely Han and Greedo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Could Three become her own Contract Holder? A Unit with a Risian Corvette could probably get around...
No. She's just a unit; if not on Contract, all units default to direct orders from the Original.

It's a little complicated, but basically she's not allowed to be off-Contract while out of contact with her Original for an extended periods. She won't violate those standing orders unless absolutely, critically necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Romulan womenz are like Vulcan chicks but without the Seven Year Itch... But honestly, it's just a case of in-universe, rather than not
Seven year itch, heh.

But I understand, even if I can't really personally get it.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,008
# 263
03-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
I just remembered that I actually wrote an LC entry along those lines a few months back...


Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
So definitely Han and Greedo...
I often wonder if there was to be an Exchange Officer program, if the Romulans might extend an offer to Ael, or equally, if some less than respectable elements might use it as an opportunity to get some Starfleet secrets...


Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
No. She's just a unit; if not on Contract, all units default to direct orders from the Original.

It's a little complicated, but basically she's not allowed to be off-Contract while out of contact with her Original for an extended periods. She won't violate those standing orders unless absolutely, critically necessary.
Ahh, just an idea I had...

Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Seven year itch, heh.

But I understand, even if I can't really personally get it.
Of course, that's just what they tell the OffWorlders to keep the hecklers away
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,243
# 264
03-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Finally got around to writing a story. Story here. I've had the idea in my head for quite awhile and I was reinspired by a few gripes on the message boards about how people felt that Lobi/Lockbox ships were taking away from the immersion.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,008
# 265
03-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofasternow View Post
Finally got around to writing a story. Story here. I've had the idea in my head for quite awhile and I was reinspired by a few gripes on the message boards about how people felt that Lobi/Lockbox ships were taking away from the immersion.
That was a really nice little piece, definitely an eye-opener for Tristian, it'll be interesting to see how it motivates him in the future
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 425
# 266
03-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Posted mine. It's a bit short, and more of a bridge to the next LC.
"I am your leader, I am in command. The fate of all my followers lies in my hands. The burden of what is right or wrong, decisions have to be made. I have to take you all into this burning Gate." - Iron Savior, 'Never Say Die'.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,722
# 267
03-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Inspiration struck again, couldn't help myself.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,008
# 268
03-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danqueller View Post
Posted mine. It's a bit short, and more of a bridge to the next LC.
Rycho has a new toy... Badass
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,008
# 269
03-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Inspiration struck again, couldn't help myself.
Good stuff
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,722
# 270
03-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Good stuff
Any specifics?

I was worried about this one because I wrote it really late at night.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:43 AM.