Captain
# 281
03-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Awesome.

Still working on the stuff for the collab story; I think I can open it with a sort of log from the primary antagonist, like Shevet did with "Heresy", and then a little opening scene with some redshirt ships and characters, then have you write Ael et al being introduced to Three and briefed on the crisis.

I'll PM you the rest of the xenosociobiology stuff later, when I've finished making it original and cool.
Just a case of waiting to see what situation is presented, and seeing if things might fit...

Sounds like a plan
Survivor of Romulus
# 282
03-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Just a case of waiting to see what situation is presented, and seeing if things might fit...

Sounds like a plan
Awesome.

And awesome.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Captain
# 283
03-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Awesome.

And awesome.
Just a case of waiting to see what challenge is issued
Captain
# 284
03-19-2014, 01:06 PM
LC 8

Work is bogging me down ...

Cast:
Kathryn Beringer - Rachel Nichols

Q - June Diane Raphael

Daikar - Billy Zane
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Commander
# 285
06-22-2014, 01:41 PM
Alright, because I have a gratuitous number of unfinished LCs floating around on file, I decided to finish one of them and post it. Hopefully, I'll be able to do the same with some of my other unfinished LCs, or (gasp) actually finish one of the current LC's in time. Anyway, enjoy!

(Author's note: this story takes place just after Arkos assumes command of the Archimedes)
Captain
# 286
06-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Alright, because I have a gratuitous number of unfinished LCs floating around on file, I decided to finish one of them and post it. Hopefully, I'll be able to do the same with some of my other unfinished LCs, or (gasp) actually finish one of the current LC's in time. Anyway, enjoy!

(Author's note: this story takes place just after Arkos assumes command of the Archimedes)
Fantastic entry Some very interesting issues raised, but thoroughly enjoyable
Commander
# 287
06-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Fantastic entry Some very interesting issues raised, but thoroughly enjoyable
Really? What issues in particular?
Captain
# 288
06-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Really? What issues in particular?
Well, that Adim had reprogrammed an EMH to cover a debilitating condition, which he acknowledged could be considered grounds for medical discharge... And then that Choll continued to cover for him, despite knowing that by passing a potentially physically unfit officer, could have catastrophic results (much like the medical officer in A Few Good Men, who had cleared someone with a heart defect, and who was unable to perform his duties...) So morally speaking, some very ambiguous behaviours, but very enjoyable to read
Commander
# 289
06-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Yeah, Choll is the sort of officer who follows the intent of the rule rather than the letter. He's figuring that while Adim may have to be removed from duty one day if his condition gets worse, for now he can carry out his duties effectively due to the servos he's using. And if being able to stay on active duty helps Adim's state of mind, then all the better-- a positive state of mind is an important factor in any healing process.

Is Choll committing an ethical breach here? Quite probably. He is allowing an officer to continue working when the rules clearly say he shouldn't. But whether or not he is wrong to do what he's doing is another question entirely, I think.