Survivor of Romulus
# 21
03-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Only; has Three gone completely insane (more than usual)? She actually seems... nice! Too nice!

And then things go wrong. Yay, our regular, psychotic, living weapon is back!

Overall, a great, amusing, dark story.
Meh, she's just playing nice because she likes "Do'eth", she's a huge Worf fan, and she's trying to score a date with Koren (who is uninterested).

This was a decent opportunity for some fairly typical Three badassery. And I wanted to write "Do'eth" finding out that the guy who killed her girlfriend was working for the Iconians. She is NOT a happy camper.

Thanks! I think I'll flip back and do another story or two on a different LC redux, just for fun.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Captain
# 22
03-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Anything more specific?
Not really... As I've said before, I find Three's genre savvy intensely irritating... That she's a badass, I can deal with... That she hero-worships Worf, equally tollerable, but the genre savvy... That really is the deal-breaker of my enjoyment... However, as I've said before, very nicely written
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
03-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Not really... As I've said before, I find Three's genre savvy intensely irritating... That she's a badass, I can deal with... That she hero-worships Worf, equally tollerable, but the genre savvy... That really is the deal-breaker of my enjoyment... However, as I've said before, very nicely written
Ok...Well, TEHO on the genre savvy; I find it to be amusing to write, myself. I'm actually more worried about her badassery; if you notice, I make it very clear that she has little to none of the tech savvy or starship skills that a Trek denizen has, and I give the other badass characters their own cool things to do, because...well, I hate Mary Sues, and I do NOT want to write one by accident.

But thank you for the feedback! I can't wait for your entry.
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
Captain
# 24
03-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Right, mine's up. It's set after Academy Teachings (Talaina teaching cadets on the DarkFyre), but before the Viper is launched. Oh, and the start is set on a Monday morning, and ends on a Friday. Hence why it references next week, and then two weeks.

Admiral Cullen is played by Tori Higginson.

I'll see if there's any more I can cobble out as well. Now I've played my Rommie alot more, may go back and do some Romulan stories.

EDIT: I see the rules say only 1 entry. The past redux's let us have multiple, for different LC's, so I shall assume the same applies here.
I like it, especially Talaina's habit of transferring her rank pips

I believe the initial derestriction on multiple entries, was when the LC was continued rather than a new LC being posted
Captain
# 25
03-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Ah. I thought the limit was lifted for reduxes. I have one almost ready to go, after deciding it was too unwieldy what I wanted to do, and seeing previous ones, decided it was better to split in2. I guess you will have to wait for those then. I can tell you it was set in perplexing problems and then lone drone. And featured the followup to that Borg briefing from my One Night series.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
03-05-2014, 10:44 AM
I know that cmdrscarlet posted at least two for the last redux...but one was just last month, and the other that I saw was around the time LC 50 ended.

Smirk, can we have a Word of Mod here on this?
Captain
# 27
03-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Ok...Well, TEHO on the genre savvy; I find it to be amusing to write, myself. I'm actually more worried about her badassery; if you notice, I make it very clear that she has little to none of the tech savvy or starship skills that a Trek denizen has, and I give the other badass characters their own cool things to do, because...well, I hate Mary Sues, and I do NOT want to write one by accident.

But thank you for the feedback! I can't wait for your entry.
Unfortunately, that is how genre savvy reads to me, but absolutely, TEHO

And no worries, as before, I do think you write well

And thanks, I know what I'm going to do, I just need to sit down and do it
Captain
# 28
03-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Ah. I thought the limit was lifted for reduxes. I have one almost ready to go, after deciding it was too unwieldy what I wanted to do, and seeing previous ones, decided it was better to split in2. I guess you will have to wait for those then. I can tell you it was set in perplexing problems and then lone drone. And featured the followup to that Borg briefing from my One Night series.
Awesome I know old LC threads can be added to any time, not just specifically on redux challenges
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
03-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Unfortunately, that is how genre savvy reads to me, but absolutely, TEHO

And no worries, as before, I do think you write well

And thanks, I know what I'm going to do, I just need to sit down and do it
So you find genre savvy in normally genre-blind universes to be Sue-ish?

H'mmm.......

Thanks for the compliment, though.

Very excited to see what Ael and company get into this time!
Captain
# 30
03-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Alright, mine's up. It's a redux of LC39: Lone Drone, in which I introduce the troubled character of the U.S.S. Victorious' Chief Engineer. Depending on what people think, I may add to it later. So... tell me what you think.
I liked it