Survivor of Romulus
# 21
03-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
As far as I can figure, the Empire is called the Romulan Republic in the M U.
I'm not chanting for the Romulans.
Captain
# 22
03-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
Oh and for the Romulan Mirror ships, make sure they have some yellow on them
Uh, why? Aren't mirror Romulan ships more grey than anything else?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
03-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Uh, why? Aren't mirror Romulan ships more grey than anything else?
*Cough* Terran Empire markings are yellow. *Cough*

Any chance we can get some additional Romulan outfits added?

Last edited by thay8472; 03-05-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Captain
# 24
03-05-2014, 04:53 PM
typo on it's, should be its in the Foundry challenge... one star.

Last edited by kirksplat; 03-06-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Captain
# 25
03-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
*Cough* Terran Empire markings are yellow. *Cough*
That's why I was confused. Since the mirror Romulan ships we've seen don't have yellow, the mirror Romulans probably aren't a subject race of the Terrans.

Maybe I'm just stifling creativity. Never mind me.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Ensign
# 26
03-06-2014, 12:28 AM
So glad to see the Foundry Challenges back on again. I've never published a mission to enter but have played alot of them, and the authors do great work.

I'm thinking of throwing my hat in the ring this time round, but I wanted to raise a question. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, "no", but here it is.

This being a mirror universe stimulus for a mission, that doesn't extend to the JJverse, does it?

It is after all an alternate reality and one that is very, very impacted by the fate of Romulus, but in which we've not actually seen interactions between that universe's Star Empire and Federation (since it is afterall the Prime Romulus that was destroyed and not the JJverse Romulus). Since the Narada backstory is explored in STO i thought i'd raise the question.

I'll probably throw my hat in the ring either way, but the stimulus gave me an idea that I'll probably end up exploring another time in another mission.
Lieutenant
# 27
03-06-2014, 01:11 AM
That is kind of a big task seeing as Romulans were never featured in the Mirror Universe, in fact Mirror Romulans aren't even canon since they never appeared on screen.

So how exactly are we supposed to somehow place them in a universe where (as far as tv/movies went) they never existed?

That kinda seems like something a team of paid designers should be doing, not the player base.
Captain
# 28
03-06-2014, 02:39 AM
I wonder if a Dev can add the mirror hull materials to the foundry ship editor for us then please.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
03-06-2014, 04:18 AM
Can we get some more Romulan maps, costumes and props for this one?
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
03-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahthomassto View Post
So glad to see the Foundry Challenges back on again. I've never published a mission to enter but have played alot of them, and the authors do great work.

I'm thinking of throwing my hat in the ring this time round, but I wanted to raise a question. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, "no", but here it is.

This being a mirror universe stimulus for a mission, that doesn't extend to the JJverse, does it?

It is after all an alternate reality and one that is very, very impacted by the fate of Romulus, but in which we've not actually seen interactions between that universe's Star Empire and Federation (since it is afterall the Prime Romulus that was destroyed and not the JJverse Romulus). Since the Narada backstory is explored in STO i thought i'd raise the question.

I'll probably throw my hat in the ring either way, but the stimulus gave me an idea that I'll probably end up exploring another time in another mission.
The way it works with STO and the JJ movies is that we can reference the events that took place in the Prime timeline like the destruction of Romulus, the existence of Nero and the Narada, etc. But anything that happens in the other timeline is offlimits, mainly because a different company owns the rights to it.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic