Lt. Commander
# 31
03-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Am I allowed to enter? entered 2 other challenges, but 1 was like 2 hours+ ...and the other, no one liked it.

Any information on Mirror Romulans? I know nothing about them.
(ship prefix, terms for military ships, type government? relationship with the Terran Empire.)
Which mirror universe? One of the "The Next Gen" episodes had thousands of them.

Do we have to go to Romulus?

Can we get an updated Foundry EULA?

Does the mission, have to be set entirely in the mirror universe. *(From start to finish)

What is the minimum time allowed? like 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 - 30?

Loading screens do they count for time limit? or ignore load screen time and try just using average mission play time?

What level requirement should I try for? or does it matter?
Career Officer
# 32
03-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Nothing says you can't enter again. Remember the length of the msision is supposed to be about 30 minutes

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 33
03-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8472 View Post

(ship prefix, terms for military ships, type government? relationship with the Terran Empire.)
They exist. That's pretty much the only thing we know for sure.

In "Crack in the Mirror", James O'Brien hints that they may have been partially responsible for the downfall of the original Terran Empire. Make of that what you will.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured ... the first thought forbidden ... the first freedom denied ... chains us all irrevocably."
Captain
# 34
03-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Uh, why? Aren't mirror Romulan ships more grey than anything else?
Actually, the Mirror Romulan ships we have are red. With a weird green sheen that makes it hard to tell the ship's actual color except in exceptionally well-lit areas (such as the Dyson Sphere or the character select screen).

Quote:
A.R.W. is the prefix added for Mirror Romulan ships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
They exist. That's pretty much the only thing we know for sure.

In "Crack in the Mirror", James O'Brien hints that they may have been partially responsible for the downfall of the original Terran Empire. Make of that what you will.
Also, the Terran Rebellion at least considered contacting the Romulans for aid... or at least, that was Not-Mirror Sisko's excuse to the rebels for leaving at the end of "Through the Looking Glass" (where he was abducted by Smiley to play the part of the then-deceased Mirror Sisko for a short time).
Quote:
Which mirror universe? One of the "The Next Gen" episodes had thousands of them.
The TNG episode had thousands of parallel universes.

The Mirror Universe is the name given to a specific parallel universe where Cochrane pulled a shotgun on the Vulcan ambassador instead of offering a handshake, Sato poisoned Archer to become Empress (with the Prime universe's NCC-1764 USS Defiant as her flagship courtesy of dimension-hopping Tholians), Kirk executed people using the Tantalus Ray, women of the Imperial Starfleet were required to bare their midriffs, Spock had a goatee, Worf was a (frankly incompetent) Regent in command of a ridiculously oversized Negh'var, and Kira was a bisexual narcissist.

Last edited by mandoknight89; 03-06-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
03-06-2014, 04:16 PM
The almost complete lack of info on the Mirror Romulans invites you to make some decisions about who they are. Here's mine. I have no qualms about talking about them cause I don't really want to win, i just want to participate for the fun of it.

So, since everyone else in the MU is either straight-up bad guys or at least morally suspect, I decided that the Romulans should be good guys, but to twist it I figure they should take a sort of extreme view of non-interference. They've been protecting the other Alpha/Beta quadrant races all along from external threats (Borg, Iconians, etc), but they have such a strict policy of non-interference in internal affairs, they completely cut off all contact with the Terrans and Klingons and such. Since the STO prefix is A.R.W. I decided to call them the Romulan Ascendancy.

In my mission, they're going to run into a situation where they need the other races, but they have no idea how to relate to them and no idea how to bring them to the peace table, so they turn to someone from the Prime Universe, i.e. the player.

I'm also gonna blow up Mirror Romulus... just because
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic

Last edited by drogyn1701; 03-06-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Captain
# 36
03-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash490r View Post
That is kind of a big task seeing as Romulans were never featured in the Mirror Universe, in fact Mirror Romulans aren't even canon since they never appeared on screen.

So how exactly are we supposed to somehow place them in a universe where (as far as tv/movies went) they never existed?

That kinda seems like something a team of paid designers should be doing, not the player base.
I have a theory that would explain that. Sigh... wish the next 6 week weren't what they are. I have a great idea but no time.
Captain
# 37
03-06-2014, 06:08 PM
This is the best source I have found: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Ro...ublic_(mirror) Novels are not canon of course but it is convenient if the Romulan empire is called the Republic in the M U.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Lieutenant
# 38
03-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
The way it works with STO and the JJ movies is that we can reference the events that took place in the Prime timeline like the destruction of Romulus, the existence of Nero and the Narada, etc. But anything that happens in the other timeline is offlimits, mainly because a different company owns the rights to it.
Thanks, Drogyn. I've been wondering about that, albeit not necessarily with connection to this challenge.

Decided to throw my hat in the ring after all and see what happens. Mirror Romulans are an exciting opportunity, since we are almost inventing a new race.
Lieutenant
# 39
03-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
The almost complete lack of info on the Mirror Romulans invites you to make some decisions about who they are. Here's mine. I have no qualms about talking about them cause I don't really want to win, i just want to participate for the fun of it.

So, since everyone else in the MU is either straight-up bad guys or at least morally suspect, I decided that the Romulans should be good guys...
Had a similar thought, actually, regarding making the Mirror Romulans less "evil" and a more civilized counterpart to the Prime Universe's Star Empire and Tal Shiar. Not going to say anymore, though.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Actually, the Mirror Romulan ships we have are red. With a weird green sheen that makes it hard to tell the ship's actual color except in exceptionally well-lit areas (such as the Dyson Sphere or the character select screen).

A.R.W. is the prefix added for Mirror Romulan ships.
Also, the Terran Rebellion at least considered contacting the Romulans for aid... or at least, that was Not-Mirror Sisko's excuse to the rebels for leaving at the end of "Through the Looking Glass" (where he was abducted by Smiley to play the part of the then-deceased Mirror Sisko for a short time).

The TNG episode had thousands of parallel universes.

The Mirror Universe is the name given to a specific parallel universe where Cochrane pulled a shotgun on the Vulcan ambassador instead of offering a handshake, Sato poisoned Archer to become Empress (with the Prime universe's NCC-1764 USS Defiant as her flagship courtesy of dimension-hopping Tholians), Kirk executed people using the Tantalus Ray, women of the Imperial Starfleet were required to bare their midriffs, Spock had a goatee, Worf was a (frankly incompetent) Regent in command of a ridiculously oversized Negh'var, and Kira was a bisexual narcissist.
OK that helps. thank you.

I'm thinking if I do this. I'm going to try to start in sto verse then go to the mirror.
use a gateway... maybe, some Klingons?, a mirror scimitar or sto scimi in mirror verse? maybe a little science/exploration. Mirror universe hum wonder what omega would be like... possibilities.

one question. Are the Borg in mirror universe? (not that I'm going to use them but it would affect what other species/races would be doing...) all i found was novels that can't be used cause of the EULA.