Lt. Commander
I've noticed that the game's sound will stutter and pop sometimes, but only when I do certain things. The result has been intermittent pausing and stuttering throughout the game (both space and ground, but especially ground).

I first thought it was a problem with my video card (NVIDIA 9800GTX+), so I rolled back... still no cigar.

I remembered running into the same problem with CO, so I did a quick search there and found a post by someone regarding Win7/Vista and DirecSound3D (link here: http://forums.champions-online.com/s...ad.php?t=95471), so I installed ALchemy and set a profile.

Still no luck.

Without fail, the game will stutter at any point when a portrait (i.e. the Earth Space Dock master, one of your Boffs, etc.) comes up. I've also noticed it happens when I click on an enemy -- like when I click on them, the game will pause and stutter for a second, then catch its breath and continue.

Could the portrait loading be a problem? Could it be my system? Is there a memory leak somewhere?

I really don't think it's my system, but here are my specs:

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
CPU: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 3200 MHz (8 x 400)
Asus P5K-E Mobo w/ Intel Bearlake P35 Chipset
6144 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ (512 MB)
Creative Audigy SE (SB0570) Sound Card

I don't think I should have much trouble running this game at high settings, though changing the setup to lower settings doesn't resolve the issue as described above.

Is anyone noticing this same problem? Or am I going insane? Did I miss something? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Same here, it's like Scatman
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Same issue for my old mans computer. I installed my 5870 into his computer till my new case comes, so it's obviously not the graphics, but it stutters EVERYTHING Sound, and the game. after exiting theres a residual stutter that goes away. I updated my gpu and soundcard drivers, but still nothing
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 10:29 AM
I have recently started to get this since Thursday. My sound judders or stops altogether. This also started to happen at the same time I am getting a large amount of rubber banding. This is where you suddenly stop and go back a few steps or if in space you seem to backup. Its like the server is playing catch up with your PC.

During Headstart and up to 4th Feb its been fine, just started to add odd.

Edit:: Sound Card and Graphic Card Drivers are now both fully upto date, no change.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Same problem here. It happened after patch today.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Same problem. I ran this for two days smooth as silk. Then after the patch today, I get a stutter every couple seconds. The game is barely playable now. Very disappointed. Have been enjoying the game.

I've also noticed that when I'm in a ground mission, if I walk away to the edges, the stuttering slows down, and gets worse as I approach a group of enemies. Clicking on one will almost guarantee a pause.

I've also looked at my performance outside of the game on performance monitor and I don't see any actual stutters on it, so it appears something in game is blocking the graphics thread. Even staring at a wall doesn't stop it, so it's not likely video related.

I don't hear any stuttering in the sound however as reported above.

My important spec's are:

Intel I7 920 CPU
Dual 285GTX in SLI mode
ASUS P6T Mobo
Onboard Sound with
6GB 1366 Memory

EDIT: I disabled sli mode and reneabled it and that seemed to reset the graphics system so it doesn't stutter anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Same things, i7, 5870, stutters badly. No other game, and this just started a day or two ago.