Lt. Commander
If I have two Engineering officers (in an Engineering ship) that both have "Emergency Power the Shields I" will they be on the same refresh timer, or will I be able to alternate between them?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Yes, they do share the same refresh timer.. sortof
Yes, you can alternate between then... again, sortof.

If you have 2 BO's with the same ability, when you activate one, the other will go into sort of a refresh timer, in that you can't use it for a bit but will be significantly lower than the actual cooldown time of the other, if you follow me.

Like lets say Emergency Power to Shields is a 1 min cooldown. You use it, and the other BO's same skill will be unclickable for about 8-10 sec.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Okay... so there's a "Use Timer" that is universal and then a "Cooldown Timer" that is not. That answers that question, so thanks!

It brings up another question, though...

Does that 'Use timer' apply to all Engineering Skills, or just identical ones? Meaning could I use Emergency Power to Shields and Emergency Power to Aux within a second of each other, or would I have to wait that 8 seconds or so?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck
Okay... so there's a "Use Timer" that is universal and then a "Cooldown Timer" that is not. That answers that question, so thanks!

It brings up another question, though...

Does that 'Use timer' apply to all Engineering Skills, or just identical ones? Meaning could I use Emergency Power to Shields and Emergency Power to Aux within a second of each other, or would I have to wait that 8 seconds or so?
I'm not sure on the specifics, but certain related skills have the shared cooldowns. I think the "emergency power to XXX" is one of those.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 10:39 AM
In other MMO's the term used is global cool down for something similar

For example even with two Boffs with different abilities say engineering team x and science team x, because they use the same resource they share a global cool down.

now with both abilities maxed their individual cool downs are 30 seconds or some such, but when you use one, it puts the other on a 6 second power related cool down. These apply to all abilities in the same power set, regardless of power rank, or multiple boff's.

It would be nice to know which abilities are on the same timer.

these are what I know so far:

Emergency power to X: all share a power cool down
Auxiliary power to X: all share a power cool down
(Engineering, Science, Tactical) Team X: all share a power cool down

I would assume but have not tested, that abilities which use certain components, such as the deflector dish, or the emitters, would also share an ability cool down.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 10:39 AM