Lt. Commander
# 1 2 Days
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
All i gotta say is 2 days before live launch and the game is still having major stability issues, low level missions being busted and buggy aswell as some rewards bugged. Im more than a little worried about the reception the game will get on tuesday.

I didnt pickup a lifetime membership because i still wonder what the lifetime of this game will be. IMO they should have opened beta 2 more weeks and got this closer to ready. my 1st shock was when logging into headstart for the 1st time there was only a 59MB patch when expecting a few hundred or even a gig or 2, surely they should have done more in those 4 days. 2nd shock was early missions still being broken and buggy. 3rd shock was sitting here today and having the server crash 2 or 3 times and realizing that 2 days from now this game is going to be live and competing against the likes of WoW, EQ2, Eve and more.

I would think Cryp would want to come out of the gates with all phasers firing instead of looking like a tribble staring into the face of the other MMO Borgs out there. I know all games start out with issues and are works in progress but like SWG was, this is an incredibly rich universe with unlimited possibilites but 1st impressions may seriously limit intrest in it in the long run...

2 days....

Anyway "rant off" "flame on".

- Lazarus Long
- Lt. Commander
- USS Ranger
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus2k View Post
All i gotta say is 2 days before live launch and the game is still having major stability issues, low level missions being busted and buggy aswell as some rewards bugged. Im more than a little worried about the reception the game will get on tuesday.

I didnt pickup a lifetime membership because i still wonder what the lifetime of this game will be. IMO they should have opened beta 2 more weeks and got this closer to ready. my 1st shock was when logging into headstart for the 1st time there was only a 59MB patch when expecting a few hundred or even a gig or 2, surely they should have done more in those 4 days. 2nd shock was early missions still being broken and buggy. 3rd shock was sitting here today and having the server crash 2 or 3 times and realizing that 2 days from now this game is going to be live and competing against the likes of WoW, EQ2, Eve and more.

I would think Cryp would want to come out of the gates with all phasers firing instead of looking like a tribble staring into the face of the other MMO Borgs out there. I know all games start out with issues and are works in progress but like SWG was, this is an incredibly rich universe with unlimited possibilites but 1st impressions may seriously limit intrest in it in the long run...

2 days....

Anyway "rant off" "flame on".

- Lazarus Long
- Lt. Commander
- USS Ranger
I'm quoting this post so this Credit Thief cannot edit his name.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 08:35 PM
what ? "Credit Theif" ?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 09:22 PM
@scorpiobe-

Hrm credit thief?

Im sorry but i saw your private message to me and am still a bit confused but deleted it anyway cause i figured you were some crackpot...now im sure since you are apparently trying to call me out on the forums too.

Report me to the admins for being a "credit thief" all you like, i would like them to look into you for being an imbicle and apparently having no idea what youre talking about while they are at it.

I would also like to point out that your actions in reporting someone who has done nothing to you and has no idea what you are talking about is reckless and could be considered harrasment if it continues.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT before you make an accusation.

-Lazarus Long (UN-EDITED)