Lt. Commander
# 1 KDF Human Science Boff
03-10-2014, 03:56 PM
I have a human science boff on my Gorn character and I can't modify the outfit. I really don't remember how or where I got him from. Am I supposed to be able to modify the outfit or am I not supposed to have a human bridge officer on a Klingon factioned character?
Check out my federation foundry missions:
Requiem for a Dream (1/2) & Requiem for a Dream (2/2)

^ Foundry wip
Captain
# 2
03-10-2014, 04:54 PM
At max Marauding you can get a cross-faction BOFF. i picked a Trill.

There have always been serious issues with the outfit and the lack of options. Just changing the face is invalid for me. Pretty much a dead issue, with no hope for a fix.

Starfleet gets full options for their Diplomat BOFFs though!
Nessia (KDF Sci), IKS Aluminum Falcon (B'rel Retrofit)

Swimsuits: People will pay almost any price to let their characters show a little skin... any price except joining the KDF.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
03-10-2014, 04:56 PM
There is a chance you obtained your Human Boff via achieving Tier 4 in the 'marauding' Doff commendation. So, it's possible to have a Human Boff on a Klingon vessel although it can be only 1 as far as I know.

The second part you mentioned - that you can't edit the outfit also suggests that the Boff you have is in fact obtained via T4 marauding Doff comendation, because there is a long lasting bug that doesn't allow KDF players to edit their counter-faction Boffs obtained via marauding.
Unfortunately, Cryptic is conveniently ignoring this issue for years so I can't really say when or even if you could expect a fix on this.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 4
03-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
The second part you mentioned - that you can't edit the outfit also suggests that the Boff you have is in fact obtained via T4 marauding Doff comendation, because there is a long lasting bug that doesn't allow KDF players to edit their counter-faction Boffs obtained via marauding.
Unfortunately, Cryptic is conveniently ignoring this issue for years so I can't really say when or even if you could expect a fix on this.
There is a rather limited workaround: get the miner outfit. You'll never be able to use the character's original pants and boots (which is what's causing the error, I think), but you'll be able to modify the character's physique and head, as well as choose between the miner shirts or the simple shirt. You'll just have to deal with using the miner boots and pants along with the rest of the outfit.