Lt. Commander
I'm wondering if and where I should put points in to T2 Starship Engineering. All the skills seem to affect "Emergency power to ...". Obvious choice would be Weapons but I'm hoping that there is a role for specialties in this game that aren't just pure dps.

Is there any value in putting pts into Aux? I'm a science officer in a science ship. What is out role? I'm seeing that Engies are both tanks and heals so what is Science? We have some heals but we're more of a buff / debuff / tackler / disabler. I know things aren't exactly settled but is putting pts into Aux going to be of any value to me down the road?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddible View Post
I'm wondering if and where I should put points in to T2 Starship Engineering. All the skills seem to affect "Emergency power to ...". Obvious choice would be Weapons but I'm hoping that there is a role for specialties in this game that aren't just pure dps.

Is there any value in putting pts into Aux? I'm a science officer in a science ship. What is out role? I'm seeing that Engies are both tanks and heals so what is Science? We have some heals but we're more of a buff / debuff / tackler / disabler. I know things aren't exactly settled but is putting pts into Aux going to be of any value to me down the road?
The T2 skills in eng only increase the efficiency of the named skills. If you put them in aux your emg. power to aux will get buffed and other aux-skills.

This is good if you want to use emg. power to aux, which grants you something between 13 and 18 aux-power for 30seconds after use, a boost for your scie skills.
It's useless else.

The T3 eng skills not only boost the skills, they also give the systems you put them in more base-energy at lower levels (like warpcore-training, but only for the specific system). Putting here into aux as science is only recommended if you go with very low aux lvls all the time, but I doubt you do this and so its useless

Finally on T5, where you don't have enough skillpoints to waste them you get the performance-abilities which boost high-energy-level-systems. But there are better skills.

Conclusions: The aux path is interesting for
1.) klingons who want to boost their cloaks
2.) people who want to use emergency power to auxiliary, auxiliary power to structural intergriety field, ...

EDIT: I want to add to your emergy power to weapons thing:
The skills emergency power to shields and ...engines are actually better than weapons and aux. shields also heal the shields and add the power-levels, engines give you a fair speedboost and add the powerlevels. weapons and aux only add power levels.