Empire Veteran
# 1 Summer 2014 event thoughts
03-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Summer event is the next social thing on the horizon.

Hopefully we'll have the swimsuits this year. Maybe they got 'em finished ya know!

But.. SO what are they going to do for a ship. Got the Risian Corvette. Not sure what they could do there can't be to many Risian ship designs.. so maybe.. a bridge for it this year, and interior...

Lounge.. with dance floor, and mood lighting... more display and trophy shelves, and more then a single floor display.. oh, and its set right off the back of the bridge... Luxury in the extreme... be shur to put in a ..hot tub.. If we're going to have bathing suits lets have a reason to wear them ship board... and need a silly little peaked captains hat.

Purely in fun..

Really don't see em offering another ship.. but something to go with that ship.. now...

P.S. Give the corvette bridge a pop cap of 40 or so.. get some epic parties going...

I happen to truely like my lil corvette.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Career Officer
# 2
03-09-2014, 06:56 PM
I want a party cruiser.
Career Officer
# 3
03-09-2014, 07:05 PM
This year will be much like last year, grind the race to get another Risian ship, cruiser or science vessel, or some experimental OP gimmick Cryptic'll want to push out. New foods, new birds, a swimsuit device that can only be used on Risa (to prevent people from running around the rest of the game in skimpy beachwear).

Maybe they'll add that boat that's supposed to sail in at sunset to serve special food (useful buff items). I imagine that's far beyond Cryptic's ability to implement. Yes, a damn boat that spawns at sunset, actually sails in the freagin' water, and moors at the dock on the island. Then you can actually WALK on the boat, sit down, and order some food.

Can you do that Cryptic? Can you pull off this technical wonder? I will be truly effing impressed to see this.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - Unused Romulan Notifications

Last edited by hypl; 03-09-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Its a bit early to be guessing as to what is planed. But im excited to. ^^ Would assume not to much is going to change, maby some new thing to do to get the mark things.

And as to this guy... "a swimsuit device that can only be used on Risa (to prevent people from running around the rest of the game in skimpy beachwear)." I would say no. Dont restrict what people can wear and when they can wear it. If you are ashamed of the body then thats to bad for you. This game has an M rating and sexuality is not something we need to be scared about. Also Star Trek is supposed to be about peace and tolerance. Just saying.. :S

Anyways, im excited for the summer event! Need to get my floater out and buzz around!

(I just double checked and this game has a T rating.. Im surprised by that actually.))

Last edited by lexusk19; 03-09-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
03-09-2014, 08:13 PM
I don't want a swimsuit device either, but Cryptic has stated that they don't want everyone in the game running around in beachwear outside of Risa.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - Unused Romulan Notifications

Commander
# 6
03-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Here's some ideas for the summer event:

1. Please! Some form of event reputation sponsorship. I don't mind a grind but doing it with lots of characters stinks.

2. Sunglasses were great last year. More items that can be purchased with GPL companied by a dabo table starbase project. While we're at it, merge GPL into an account wide ledger?

3. See number 1

Check out my two part fed foundry mission series "Requiem for a Dream". Both parts qualify for dilithium rewards.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
03-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
I don't want a swimsuit device either, but Cryptic has stated that they don't want everyone in the game running around in beachwear outside of Risa.
But for some reason Orions are fine and dandy to do it? *rolls eyes* Most of the Risa npc swimsuits actually cover more than most Orion options.
Career Officer
# 8
03-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Oh the hypocrisy, but I'm content and do not wish to bite the hand that feeds.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Career Officer
# 9
03-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusk19 View Post
But for some reason Orions are fine and dandy to do it? *rolls eyes* Most of the Risa npc swimsuits actually cover more than most Orion options.
Yup...

I really don't see how everyone wearing swimsuits and beachwear outside of Risa would ruin the game's "immersion" any more than it is now, if that's what Cryptic or CBS is afraid of.

Now if they could only add swimming and diving mechanics to the game...

Career Officer
# 10
03-09-2014, 08:24 PM
I'd love it if instead of spending their time coming up with an event for the summer, they spent the two months putting out a tonne of bug fixes. Defera and most of my uniforms need some serious TLC.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
Click for Stats