Starfleet Veteran
I suspect that this isn't possible, but I wanted to be sure.

Is there currently any kind of way to display the name of a speaking bridge officer (ship or away team) in a message's title? As none of my missions are published yet, I'm not sure if leaving the title blank would display the name of the speaker.

If not, I'll have to keep using the "[insert division] Officer" dialogue title workaround.

Last edited by theoryfive; 03-16-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
03-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Nope not possible

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
03-16-2014, 11:21 PM
The best thing I can suggest is doing stuff like "Shipboard Engineering Officer" "Away Team Engineering Officer", and so on. That way at least you can inform the player what kind of BOFF it is meant to be. Especially if players are playing your mission in groups that can cause some weird things like Tactical and Engineering away team boffs actually being the same costume.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-16-2014, 11:31 PM
That's what I thought.

Personally, I use "Science Officer", "Tactical Officer", and "Engineering Officer". Keeps it simple and states what kind of officer is speaking.

However, I would like to have a universal one I can use, in missions where a player is encouraged to run through them with a team of other players and one bridge officer. It'd also be useful if I can't guarantee that someone will bring a particular division BOff with them.

Perhaps I could use "Away Team Officer" and "Bridge Officer" for that.
Career Officer
# 5
03-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Way back when, I once proposed a set of dialog tags (for use in dialog text as well as titles) to call out the names and ranks of the ranking BOff of each career type aboard your ship or on your away team. (If no such BOff is available, the tag would default toward some officer not already used by the other tags.) For example [ShipSciRank], would return the rank of the science officer assigned to the highest-ranked science console on your ship, [AwayEngFirst] would return the first name of the ranking engineering officer on your away team, and [AwayTacLast] would return the last name of the ranking tactical officer on your away team.
Captain
# 6
03-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Nope not possible
Well it is but you would have to publish a custom mission for every single player.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 7
03-18-2014, 05:06 PM
I always put "Your Engineering Officer" or "Your Science Officer" in the title. This is risky though, because if somebody doesn't bring one of each type on an away team, then it gets wonky.