Starfleet Veteran
# 21
03-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
Going by prices on the Exchange, I would say that it's true that tetryons and nanite disruptors are less favored, but it's definitely not true of phasers.
That much is certain; the price of phasers is higher than that of nanites or tetryons. I suspect that this due to a few things:

1) It's the canonical weapon of choice used by starfleet vessels, so quite a few people buy them for their inherent trekkiness.

2) Several federation ships have consoles or inherent weapons that strongly encourage the use of phasers in order to properly use the console or weapons. The Chimera has the phaser lotus, the Thunderchild has the point-defense system, the Vesta has the auxiliary phaser cannons and the quantum-field focused phaser, the Sao Paulo has the quad phaser cannons, the Kumari has its special wing cannons, and the Galaxy-X has the phaser lance, for example.

3) Federation elite fleet weapons are phasers, so those who use one or more of those might purchase phasers off the exchange to complete their set.

I submit that few players are buying or using phasers solely because of their effectiveness in combat. This is in contrast to antiproton, disruptor, or romulan plasma weapons. I grant you that there are other (perfectly valid) reasons to use phasers, but I wonder how many people are really jazzed about the proc. That was my basis for debating the desirability of phasers.
Career Officer
# 22
03-07-2014, 05:03 PM
And again the PvP community comes screaming about something.

Last week it was "wahhh! the cooldown removal between "team" abilities will make players too hard to kill!"

And this week it's "wahhh! elachi weapons will make players too easy to kill!"

Sheesh. Look at the bigger picture: Elachi Lock Boxes haven't dropped for some time now, so whatever ship weapons are in the exchange are going to be expensive, and with this patch even more so afterwards. And if a player is looking for very specific modifiers on them, there may not even be enough available and/or they will be really really expensive. Even if you don't care about the modifiers and just settle for the cheapest you can afford, you're going to pay a high price for them.

And if you're that worried about elachi weapons killing you in PvP, just use tactical team, engineering team, and science team, all at the same time because you can now. Problem solved.

Personally I think the only way PvP can be 100% balanced is if all weapons and abilities were disabled and it was turned into a staring contest. Because no matter what is changed to improve upon it, there will always be some that gripe about something being too OP.
Career Officer
# 23
03-07-2014, 05:04 PM
grrr, I was really enjoying using the Endless Full auto Rommie Plasma weapons in Borg Ground missions, now they will actually adapt.

There goes my endless stream of omega marks...

Looking forward to the change in the Dyson Leech Proc, especially since i use the Dyson Set and Elachi DHC's on the Same ship

Last edited by primar13; 03-07-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 24
03-07-2014, 05:12 PM
it was pretty hard to tell if elachi weapons were op or not. well, at least now elachi turrets are not a nerf to your elachi DHCs, stealing procs and locking out the rest. gonna have to grind some fleet disruptor consoles now so my fed with the 8 elachi beams can see how they really stack up.

i just hope systems did testing with actual... good builds, and not builds like what the enterprise c and the dyson ships came with in those missions. not sure those can break 1k dps in pve.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Cryptic Studios Team
# 25
03-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
Does the effect "Ignore 100% of targets' shields and 50% of targets' damage resistance" apply only to the first shot, or does it apply to the entire firing cycle that triggered the proc?
First shot only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulonu View Post
I'm guessing you changed the ground elachi weapon proc too?
Yes, the lockout period has been removed from the ground Proc as well.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 26
03-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
First shot only.
wait, what? thats been advertised as a per shot proc, not a per cycle proc. it has to be, its dependent on the actual damage the shot that ends up procing would deal.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 27
03-07-2014, 06:16 PM
I don't recall much if any complaints about elachi weapons not being effective enough, it shouldn't be changed. Stop making changes nobody is asking for and focus on bugs that have existed for a long time please.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Commander
# 28
03-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybaksix View Post
Quote:
First shot only.

Yes, the lockout period has been removed from the ground Proc as well.
Ok, I don't get it but ok. Bad change IMO but w/e.
Career Officer
# 29
03-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Quote:
First shot only.
So DHC are the bomb and turrets are worthless as far as Elachi bling goes.
Join Unrepentant!

Career Officer
# 30
03-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
  • Nausicans can now remove the flower necklace from the Risa Summer event while wearing off duty costumes.
Nice. Nausicaan "Uniform" costumes finally have a None option for collars, too. Thanks.

All I need now are some ears and K'mtars hairstyle.