Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Lieutenant
For those that are in larger fleets, you've probably had numerous times were you had more fleet marks to cash in then projects available to take them. When a new project does open, the fleet marks get filled quickly and the rest of the needed items, especially dilithium take forever to complete.

We need a starbase, embassy, mine, spire project that allows you to just dump extra fleet marks into so that they can be used.
Captain
# 2
03-07-2014, 02:14 PM
That does sound like a good idea to me.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang Xiao Long
At least you two have something that drives you. I've just always, gone with the flow, you know.
Captain
# 3
03-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Get to Tier 3 in one of the Minor Fleet Holdings like Research, Development, Operations, Trade, etc and Tier 5 in Military, Science, or Engineering should unlock a provision project for that particular Fleet Holding that gives 10 provisions and costs 5,000 Fleet Marks only and a 30 minutes cooldown.
Captain
# 4
03-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Really? Huh... I thought they required Dilithium after you finished a track... If they just want Fleet Marks... I'll pass the word along to my Fleet Leader.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang Xiao Long
At least you two have something that drives you. I've just always, gone with the flow, you know.
Career Officer
# 5
03-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Yeah no kidding. Fleet marks are always the first thing filled in my fleet. What usually holds up projects are duty officers. I'm talking at a tier 4 starbase the projects take a total of 144 doffs from science/medial, tactical/security, etc.

It's hard to build fleet credits when nobody is on that can start a special project that needs a lot of fleet marks, if there are even any such projects.

I've been thinking for a while now of suggesting to allow us to just go to that NPC in the starbase you buy doffs from for fleet credits, and give us a new option: trade a set amount of fleet marks for a box that gives us fleet credits equal to the amount you would get if contributing marks to a fleet project. There would need to be at least a box that has you trade in 500 fleet marks, since the marks can rack up quickly with nothing to contribute them to, as well as lower FC boxes for various smaller amounts of marks.

The OP's idea of a fleet project that requires a ton of fleet marks that is meant just to increase your fleet credits is also another idea I had a while back, but you have to rely on someone being online with permissions and willing to start the project, if any project slots are available.
I use to be with it. But I don't remember what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.
Commander
# 6
03-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Uhh no. The current fleet system already favors large fleets, there's no need to completely kill off the one single advantage small fleets have.
Captain
# 7
03-07-2014, 04:17 PM
There is just such a thing dude.
There are special starbase projects that can be set in the special section of the starbase projects.
Can't remember all the names offhand but I think "advanced multiphasory research" is one of them, but there are several of these that can be slotted, they generate next to sod all xp and their only purpose in being is to dump fm and other surplus items in for members of large fleets to generate fleet credits.
I have set one or two when all of our projects/upgrades are running so that those members who are desperate for fleet credits can still get them.
They also have a fast finishing time so can be slotted often if you are a fleet that has nothing else to do contribution-wise.
Career Officer
# 8
03-07-2014, 04:46 PM
The special projects require other stuff, too. And only take 510 marks.

A special that takes 5000-10000 marks and no other inputs would be swell.
Captain
# 9
03-07-2014, 04:52 PM
If you're looking to dump Fleet Marks, the fleet I'm in has a boatload of projects that have everything BUT the FM's filled...
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlevelgod69 View Post
You're like a bad AI with no ability to question why you type these things down. Instead reacting like any scripted AI should. With conformity to the if-then-else logic you were scripted with.
Captain
# 10
03-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Aaah I see what you mean, yes I guess that would be nice for the larger fleets, it makes sense to have such a thing. My fleet isn't quite there yet but I vote yes for when we are.
My I offer an alternate suggestion? A second special slot in the starbase projects for fleets, say doing vanitys to have one on the go but also have your suggestion implimented? I speak for fleets that are going through those in the rerun now thankfully we did them all last time round.
I know having just started a fleet with some fed fleetmates klinkside that we all have tons of fleet marks to spare, granted most of us will save them for what we know is coming but some would like to spend them to get the fc.
But for now as long as we're on the ball and patient we can (if need be) have the afformentioned specials running constantly. It not perfect for people with tons of fm but its something none the less.