Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Captain
# 11
03-07-2014, 05:09 PM
This is why many tier 5 fleets have resorted to creating new fleets, put the fleet mark projects in, fill those up, disband fleet, repeat until members get teh FC they need and empty their FMs.

Im sitting on almost 2k fleet marks and there's simple never a time I can convert them. Even if I did it would be me filling up the FM requirement and then dumping the dil/doff/etc costs on someone else which SUCKS.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Commander
# 12
03-07-2014, 05:23 PM
*lightbulb moment*
I've read a few times on here now of players with thousands of fleetmarks essentially blowing them into the wind in such a way to get fm.
Why not create a channel for it? I know there are fleets out there probably in dire need of fleet marks that would gladly take them. It would be less hassle than starting whole fleets for such ventures. You could help out a budding fleet and gain some fm at the same time.
Granted with the FA promotiom system this might not be an option for all fleet leaders (solo single toon fa's).
Empire Veteran
# 13
03-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Another way to help large Fleets to get rid of Fleet Marks and smaller Fleets to get help would be implementing an Alliance System, where Fleets can ally with other Fleets. Members of the allied Fleets then could contribute Resources to their Allies if they see fit.
I came to explore foreign Galaxies, and now I'm hunting Rabbits
Commander
# 14
03-07-2014, 05:35 PM
That would also be nice, we are allied with several smaller and larger fleets and this would be very nice indeed.
Commander
# 15
03-07-2014, 06:18 PM
I'd like if you could throw fleet marks to circumvent other requirements like Doffs and commodities, anything but dilithium.
Captain
# 16
03-07-2014, 06:21 PM
I think we should be able to just donate marks to a "fleet mark bank" if no projects need them.
When donating to the bank you automatically get fleet credits then the marks go into a pool that is automatically spent by projects as needed.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 17
03-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Why not just create a Fleet Mark/Credit Exchange where the minimum is 75 or 100 Fleet Credits per Fleet Mark. The reason for the major discrepancy is so a player can't keep on purchasing Fleet Marks. If it is at 50 Fleet Credits per Mark, then I could buy a Fleet Mark for 50 Fleet Credits, put it in some project, get 50 Fleet Credits, and keep on repeating the process until every project is filled.
Career Officer
# 18
03-07-2014, 07:32 PM
All my toons have 100+ mine provisions from critting on the Mine doff missions. I wish there was something to do w/ them other than selling them for a measly 400 EC. Our fleet is done with the mine so not a great need for mine provisions. Would be nice if there was a dump project for the mine that just needed mine provisions. Thousands of them.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Captain
# 19
03-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by groomofweird View Post
*lightbulb moment*
I've read a few times on here now of players with thousands of fleetmarks essentially blowing them into the wind in such a way to get fm.
Why not create a channel for it? I know there are fleets out there probably in dire need of fleet marks that would gladly take them. It would be less hassle than starting whole fleets for such ventures. You could help out a budding fleet and gain some fm at the same time.
Granted with the FA promotiom system this might not be an option for all fleet leaders (solo single toon fa's).
The other night on NOP Public Service, someone was offering up extra Fleet Marks. They joined my fleet, topped off two projects, said goodbye, and left. I was very very thankful, and a bit amazed, being in a leveling fleet, had no idea there is this glut of FM's in other fleets.

I have no idea what happened when they returned to their fleet.

So, you are right, a channel would be useful, but there sort of is one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlevelgod69 View Post
You're like a bad AI with no ability to question why you type these things down. Instead reacting like any scripted AI should. With conformity to the if-then-else logic you were scripted with.
Commander
# 20
03-07-2014, 08:26 PM
what this game needs is a resource trade system between fleets. i should have the option to trade operational assets, personal provisions, ship requisitions, etc. to another fleet, and they should have the option to send fleet marks, dill, etc. to our fleet. and admiral-to-admiral sort of system. maybe if there was an official "ally with ___ fleet", fleet admirals would have a project called "assist ___ fleet", which would either detect what that fleet needed, or, you'd have to select a resource type. exp, dill, fleet marks, etc. members in fleet A, fill up that project, there's a 2 hour delivery timer, and then fleet B, gets dillithium/fleet marks/etc. pooled into all projects equally. if fleet leaders in fleet B only wanted dill to go in one project, they'd have to only have one project that required dill running. or at least, only one big one.

fleet B could then transfer supplies to fleet A through a "resupply ___ fleet" project, which also has 2 hours. this 2 hour cooldown would be like delivery time.

however, if they did something like this, i hope they put it in a tab of it's own, as scrolling through all the options would get tedious quickly.
optionally, a system like this would also be nice if i could see what fleets were transfering to me via the "ally fleet" tab. that way i know which fleets to thank with a friendly package of 5 personal requisition items.

there'd be alot of pros to a system like this that outway any cons that'd come up, and work off existing systems that'd only need to be extended slightly, with the exception of those ones i labeled optional.
Timelords Fleet