Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Commander
# 21
03-08-2014, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by no09dysonsphere View Post
Uhh no. The current fleet system already favors large fleets, there's no need to completely kill off the one single advantage small fleets have.
Its not a competetion, and small fleets will always be small becaue they are small and dont have the numbers of large fleets...
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
03-08-2014, 07:15 AM
If someone wants to dump large amounts of fleet marks send me a message in game @steveangelis.
NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
Lieutenant
# 23
04-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Just reinforcing my original post. When you have numerous fleet members with 1,000+ fleet marks and only a handful of open projects, it takes forever to use up your fleet marks. We really need a general project to convert fleet marks in to credits.

Instead of having special projects that require dilithium, change them to fleet marks.
Community Moderator
# 24
04-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergins View Post
If you're looking to dump Fleet Marks, the fleet I'm in has a boatload of projects that have everything BUT the FM's filled...
Ditto. <-------^
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Community Moderator
# 25
04-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwrangler2010 View Post
Just reinforcing my original post. When you have numerous fleet members with 1,000+ fleet marks and only a handful of open projects, it takes forever to use up your fleet marks. We really need a general project to convert fleet marks in to credits.
No, what WE, all of us, really need is a better way to move fleet marks/credits around between fleets to help each other out.

What we have right now just encourages large fleets to form alt fleets for the sole purpose of dumping fleet marks. And it's still inefficient because of the other project requirements.

Oh, and totally moving this thread where it belongs...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Community Moderator
# 26
04-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Ok,

The big sticky point with helping out another fleet in return for fleet credits is the fact that you have to leave one fleet, get invited to the needy fleet, then get a reinvite and re-promotion in your original fleet.

This is understandably a big PITA.

I don't see why Cryptic doesn't simply leverage the fact that we're able to invite non-members to our fleet holdings.

Put in a 'Donation' console. Heck, they can even make it an upgrade for each holding and milk it for more project resources. I'm sure there are enough unused console objects around for them to hook into.

Allow non-members to use this console to donate fleet marks and dilithium, up to whatever amount is needed to fill all of that fleet's projects, in return for fleet credits.

No banking of FM's or Dil, to prevent exploits. Once the projects are filled up, no further contributions are allowed until a new project is slotted. Players can visit as many fleets as they want.

Small fleets get assistance, making them happy. Players get an easier way to unload fleet marks, making them happy. Cryptic gets happier players and a less frustrating fleet advancement system. Everybody's happy.