Captain
# 11
03-17-2014, 07:08 AM
That fog is really thick! Klingons really need to do something about their environment problems !
Commander
# 12
03-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Come on Cryptic. Sort it out.

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
03-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
It's a common perception that they are refusing to fix it... but that implies that they can fix it.

The problem with that is, in bug fixing, if you haven't discovered the solution in the first place (or the ones you've tried before have failed), what else can they do until they discover it? Not to mention all the priorities and shifting orders and such...
I know what you're trying to say, but there simply is no excuse for this any more. It's a mission on the leveling path of a faction within their game and the map looks like it belongs to a test server or early beta. And it has been like this for a loooong time.
This leaves a terrible impression of the game for players, especially new ones and I personally know many people that would say 'screw this' and leave the game after seing that.

I might sound stirct and riggid here, but if they can't fix this then what the hell are they doing in the gaming industry? Seriously. Games come and go in the span of 5 years and yet here they can't fix a darned floor for a couple of years?
Empire Veteran
# 14
03-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I know what you're trying to say, but there simply is no excuse for this any more. It's a mission on the leveling path of a faction within their game and the map looks like it belongs to a test server or early beta. And it has been like this for a loooong time.
This leaves a terrible impression of the game for players, especially new ones and I personally know many people that would say 'screw this' and leave the game after seing that.

I might sound stirct and riggid here, but if they can't fix this then what the hell are they doing in the gaming industry? Seriously. Games come and go in the span of 5 years and yet here they can't fix a darned floor for a couple of years?
I totally agree with you, it's not the only mission with an issue, the mission (can't remember the name of it) where you go to Martok's farm to find the Tal'Shair you can't proceed past the farmers and so players have to replay a previous mission to get enough XP to skip it.

There is simply no excise, but what do they do instead? Revamp Federation missions that have no bugs in them, revamp Earth Spacedock and Undine missions that again have no issues.

Playing favoritism in a game you develop makes no sense what so ever. All it does is piss off players. I know many MMO players who have come to check STO out and can only stay for a few days and get fed up with the errors and bugs this game has.

Marketing it only to Trek fans ins't a good move either as there are only so many of us in the world and many of us aren't even into games. So it's a rather small target audience when you look at it that way.

This should have been fixed 18 months ago, or the mission totally revamped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
# 15
03-17-2014, 11:04 PM
According to the Dev Blog released, they are too busy working on guess what, another Fed Story Revamp.

Fed ships get a revamp, fed space station gets a revamp, and now fed episodes get revamp. No time to fix a bug with the KDF, let alone add any content.

I guess we can fill the KDF ship yard/game play with constant complaints and wants, then request a new type of ship every other day until we get one.
I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.

Last edited by ddemlong; 03-17-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 16
03-18-2014, 02:59 PM
It's not that we need to ignore this or stop giving our opinions - it's just that we need to consider the dev's side of things.

They probably want to fix it as much as we do, maybe more, maybe less, but they still do as far as we know. The problem is that they can't drop everything and focus exclusively on this bug, or ANY bug that's existed for months, even years. They're not only have a schedule, they have to make money and various other things, which is why they're doing the ESD + Undine revamp (because it fits into the S9 story, their newest main selling point)

Plus, as has been pointed out, those that work on these revamps aren't the same people that fix bugs. And those that do work on bugs are probably already swamped on their own schedules, orders, etc

It's easy to assume they don't care (period), or they're all working elsewhere, but that rarely pans out
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'. I have nothing against the game/devs, nor any particular wish to talk bad about either, or praise most decisions. Still, it's better to be positive than cynical.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
03-18-2014, 03:27 PM
It is also not a bug that affects all players. This map is still available in the Foundry to use and an author filed a bug report there as well. I was curious because when I played the map I saw all the floors and walls like they should be. I guessed that it was a graphics settings issue, since I already knew there were certain objects that are set as "high detail object" and if that option is not checked in your graphics settings, those objects will not be there. Low and behold when I tested turning on and off that setting, it showed that this is where the problem lay. With high detail objects turned off, the walls/floor disappear. With it on, the walls/floor are visible.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Commander Shepard sees your science... and laughs