Captain
# 1 Respecies Token
03-11-2014, 07:59 AM
For some time now I've been uncomfortable in my own body...I've always felt a little different, however now it's become more aware of this feeling.

I've felt uncomfortable in this human body of mine for too long, I always felt I was a Cardassian Trapped in a human's body.

that drama aside, when will we get a species redo token?

I wanna change my human into an alien.
Republic Veteran
# 2
03-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Fity dola for a respecies token! I believe Cryptic/PWE would create sauce for the spaghetti code at that price point.

Chaaaaaa chiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!
Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
03-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Heck, 50$, I'd pay it.
I've wanted to play liberated borg of such a long time. But, I decided to play this game before going LTS .
Career Officer
# 4
03-11-2014, 09:04 AM
People have been asking for this for 4 years and the answer we've been getting is, "No, roll up a new character."

So don't hold your breath waiting for this.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
03-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Oh joy, this thread again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
that drama aside, when will we get a species redo token?
If you ask borticus, the answer is "never."

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I can tell you quite honestly that our Species data is not currently set up in a way that would allow this to happen.

Not to say that couldn't be changed some day... but doing so would be a monumental undertaking, in order to alter the definitions for every single playable Species in the game, and their associated Costume allowances.

In other words: Don't count on it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
03-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
People have been asking for this for 4 years and the answer we've been getting is, "No, roll up a new character."

So don't hold your breath waiting for this.
Lol, yep. Definitely not holding my breath. I'm also not going to reroll either.
Captain
# 7
03-11-2014, 09:22 AM
It shouldnt be that difficult. The whole thing could be done with a back-end process that creates a new toon, zeroes out things like traits and skills and costume slots to default (so you arent bringing your ~Vulcan abilities to your Human or your ~Orion costume to your Klingon), copies the reputation and accolode data, and then copies all the owned assets like ships. When its all processed successfully, replace the old toon with the new one.
Career Officer
# 8
03-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
It shouldnt be that difficult. The whole thing could be done with a back-end process that creates a new toon, zeroes out things like traits and skills and costume slots to default (so you arent bringing your ~Vulcan abilities to your Human or your ~Orion costume to your Klingon), copies the reputation and accolode data, and then copies all the owned assets like ships. When its all processed successfully, replace the old toon with the new one.

If it's so easy why don't you apply for a job with Cryptic and code it yourself after they hire you.

That of course is assuming that they are willing to add such a feature to the game.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Career Officer
# 9
03-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloishammer View Post
Oh joy, this thread again...

If you ask borticus, the answer is "never."
I have some thoughts on this but my big idea for redoing species is to basically eliminate it. Swap everyone to alien and have them pick a Homeworld super-trait like the species inherent ones we have now. Only one Homeworld trait may be active but you can learn a new one and swap into it via trait respec.
Captain
# 10
03-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
If it's so easy why don't you apply for a job with Cryptic and code it yourself after they hire you.

That of course is assuming that they are willing to add such a feature to the game.
I didnt say it was easy, I said it wasnt as difficult as they were making it out to be. The way he said it, sounds like techno double-talk. Which means they probably don't want to do it.